• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Install, Migration and Removal

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Install, Migration and Removal Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Install, Migration and Removal - 19.Sep.2003 6:02:00 PM   
MagnumPI

I currently have only 1 Exchange 2000 machine on the network.

We will be getting a new server with much more power and room and want to install Exchange 2003 on it. What is the best to install the new Server, copy all information (mailboxes, public folders etc...) to the new server then REMOVE the old one.

It doesn't have to have the same computer name. but I want it to be a seemless install and removal process so I don't get any complaints.
Post #: 1
RE: Install, Migration and Removal - 20.Sep.2003 12:57:00 AM   
abraham

Hi. yOu have many options to your new HW.

1. You can install Windows Server 2003, then Install Exchange 2003 and use Migration Wizard to Copy the Mailboxes( If you want, you can use ADMT v2 to move the Accounts and Passwords from a existing DC) Take care, to use the Migration Wizard the Exchange Servers must be on Different Organizations (Can be in the same Forest, but must be on Different Exchange Organizations)

2. Another way (The easy for me) is to USE Exmerge to extract the Mailboxes to a PSTs files, then Merge the PST to the New Server.

3. In this Method you can Work whit the 2 Server at the same time, you must Install ADC, then run the Connection Aggretment Wizard. the Install the NEW Exchange 2003 on the Same Organization of the Exchange 2000, and move the Mailboxes.

Please read this Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 822942

(in reply to MagnumPI)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Install, Migration and Removal Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter