Configuring HTTP RPC with Outlook 2003 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation

chefwong -> Configuring HTTP RPC with Outlook 2003 (21.Sep.2003 3:54:00 AM)

How does one set up Outlook 2003 to connect to an Exchange 2003 server if I am not connected to the server via VPN from the outside world.

The instructions tells you to go into the *more settings* option under the Exchange Email Profile. However, I can't set up the mail exchange profile since it's not seeing the mail server *internally*.

Please advise if you have any tips

mfugatt -> RE: Configuring HTTP RPC with Outlook 2003 (21.Sep.2003 4:32:00 AM)

When you configure Outlook 2003 you should be pointing it the the server that is going to perform the RPCProxy, and this server should be accessible to the Internet.

chefwong -> RE: Configuring HTTP RPC with Outlook 2003 (21.Sep.2003 4:40:00 AM)

I just did a PPTP session to set up the exchange profile and that works. However, when I get into *more settings*, connection - I still do not the the HTTP RPC option. I am running Outlook 2003 with Exchange 03

abraham -> RE: Configuring HTTP RPC with Outlook 2003 (21.Sep.2003 5:39:00 AM)

Hi, Check this:

Outlook 11 Performs Slowly or Stops Responding When Connected to Exchange Server 2003 Through HTTP

Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 331320

Henrik Walther -> RE: Configuring HTTP RPC with Outlook 2003 (21.Sep.2003 10:24:00 AM)

I have successfully setup my RPC over HTTP configuration, and it works like a charm. But only for client PC's which had their RPC over HTTP profile setup, while still connected to the internal LAN.

My question is:

Is it a requirement that each client is connected to the internal LAN doing the RPC over HTTP profile setup proces ? I haven't seen any MS Papers which states this.

But Tom Shinder is mentioning this in his great article here.

Tom are you maybe reading this thread ?

Regards

mfugatt -> RE: Configuring HTTP RPC with Outlook 2003 (21.Sep.2003 7:01:00 PM)

Have you applied the hotfix?

http://tinyurl.com/g8we

quote:
Originally posted by chefwong:
I just did a PPTP session to set up the exchange profile and that works. However, when I get into *more settings*, connection - I still do not the the HTTP RPC option. I am running Outlook 2003 with Exchange 03

chefwong -> RE: Configuring HTTP RPC with Outlook 2003 (21.Sep.2003 7:29:00 PM)

Thanks. That did the trick.

Am I off on this. I tried specifying mail.domain2.com or even the IP of the machine when setting up HTTP RPC under the Exchange Proxy Settings.

However, it seems like whenever Outlook is launched, it tries to connect to the AD name of the server itself. The problem is that *name*, which is mail.domain.com exisits on the internet already and the 03 platform is a DEV box and I would like to see how well the functionality of HTTP/RPC is.

Is there another setting where I am off.

Page: [1]