• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

domain naming question

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> domain naming question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
domain naming question - 11.Nov.2003 10:18:00 PM   
xeondavis

I'm about to setup a brand new exchange 2003 on this machine that is already a part of a domain controller, let's just say the name is company.com.

I've been told to setup this new exchange server and then if possible assign a different domain for all the email accounts, for example person1@newcompany.com. Is that possible?Of course I have to get a new DNS entry from the ISP.

I don't want to set up a new active directory in the new exchange server, so all the user accounts will be imported from the existing domain controller.

thanks in advance.
-a
Post #: 1
RE: domain naming question - 12.Nov.2003 4:19:00 AM   
sniper

xeondavis,

You can have as many SMTP domains as you have MX and A records for and so long as the users have the recpient policy that defines the SMTP address space for the domains

(in reply to xeondavis)
Post #: 2
RE: domain naming question - 18.Nov.2003 5:01:00 PM   
wakescene

xeondavis,
Refer to Ch5 of the Exchange Server 2003 Administrator Guide to further assist you. I am currently doin the same thing as you, and the Admin guide helps get you going.

The book "Exchange Server 2003, Administrator's Pocket Consultant" ISBN0-7356-1978-6 will also help fill in some of the blanks for more in-depth stuff.

Good luck,
teg

(in reply to xeondavis)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> domain naming question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter