domain naming question (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation

xeondavis -> domain naming question (11.Nov.2003 10:18:00 PM)

I'm about to setup a brand new exchange 2003 on this machine that is already a part of a domain controller, let's just say the name is company.com.

I've been told to setup this new exchange server and then if possible assign a different domain for all the email accounts, for example person1@newcompany.com. Is that possible?Of course I have to get a new DNS entry from the ISP.

I don't want to set up a new active directory in the new exchange server, so all the user accounts will be imported from the existing domain controller.

thanks in advance.
-a

sniper -> RE: domain naming question (12.Nov.2003 4:19:00 AM)

xeondavis,

You can have as many SMTP domains as you have MX and A records for and so long as the users have the recpient policy that defines the SMTP address space for the domains

wakescene -> RE: domain naming question (18.Nov.2003 5:01:00 PM)

xeondavis,
Refer to Ch5 of the Exchange Server 2003 Administrator Guide to further assist you. I am currently doin the same thing as you, and the Admin guide helps get you going.

The book "Exchange Server 2003, Administrator's Pocket Consultant" ISBN0-7356-1978-6 will also help fill in some of the blanks for more in-depth stuff.

Good luck,
teg

Page: [1]