• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Order of Install/migration steps question

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Order of Install/migration steps question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Order of Install/migration steps question - 12.Nov.2003 3:08:00 PM   
gopherhockey

We are in the midst of a large NT 4.0/Exchange 5.5 migration to AD Win2k3/Exchange 2k3. All is going well, but with so many things going on at one time we want to be sure the order of the steps we are taking happens exactly right.

Forestprep and Domainprep have already been run.

We have 35 Exchange sites, 22 NT domains.

NT domains have been migrated using ADMT
Users are now being re-distributed to an OU that will correspond to the recipients container in each 5.5 site. ADC connections will then be created between each site and OU.

Wanting to build the first Exchange 2003 server. The ADC has been istalled on a separate server that will only process the ADC during the migration. No connection agreement has yet been made between the 5.5 site and AD OU that we want to install the Exchange 2003 server in.

Exchange 2003 has a deployment wizard that requres ADC to be installed on the exchange server itself. (or at least that is what it is asking me to do)

My question is mulit-part. First, does ADC actually need to be installed on the first Exchange 2003 server like it is asking, or is it find to have it running elsewhere. Next, do we have to have our ADC connection agreements in place before we install the first Exchange server?
Post #: 1
RE: Order of Install/migration steps question - 4.Dec.2003 2:29:00 PM   
pjhutch

>My question is mulit-part. First, does ADC actually need to be installed on the first Exchange 2003 server like it is asking, or is it find to have it running elsewhere.

We have Exch 2000 and our ADC is not running on an Exchange server. So you could run it on another 2000 server.

>Next, do we have to have our ADC connection agreements in place before we install the first Exchange server?

Preferably, esp since the new Exchange servers will need to be joined to the older Exchange site and need access to Configuration information.

(in reply to gopherhockey)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Order of Install/migration steps question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter