• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Moving from 2000 to 2003 - Not upgrading

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Moving from 2000 to 2003 - Not upgrading Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Moving from 2000 to 2003 - Not upgrading - 14.Nov.2003 4:36:00 PM   
technopimp

We are currently running one Exchange 2000 server in a 2000 AD environment. We have begun to migrate the servers to 2003...one has already been brought up as a domain controller. My boss wants to buy a new machine to operate as the Exchange 2003 server, and bring it up as a fresh install. In other words, keep 2000 running on old server, bring 2003 up on another server, move everything over, and then decommission the 2000. My questions are: what is the best way to go about this? Is there an easy way I can bring up a 2003 Exchange server and have it migrate all of the data and everything over from 2000? Are there any special considerations I should be aware of? Is there a better way? I really appreciate any suggestions!
Post #: 1
RE: Moving from 2000 to 2003 - Not upgrading - 15.Nov.2003 2:24:00 PM   
m_houllier

If I remember correctly, the later versions of Exchange will automatically pick up the move of the mailbox.

I suppose the best way is just to install Exchange 2003 on a new machine and MOVE MAILBOX as an exchange task.

(in reply to technopimp)
Post #: 2
RE: Moving from 2000 to 2003 - Not upgrading - 17.Nov.2003 9:22:00 PM   
technopimp

quote:
Originally posted by m_houllier:
If I remember correctly, the later versions of Exchange will automatically pick up the move of the mailbox.

I suppose the best way is just to install Exchange 2003 on a new machine and MOVE MAILBOX as an exchange task.

Cool...sounds easy! (Which in Exchange terms means it will be a nightmare) [Smile]

Thanks, I will give this a try!

(in reply to technopimp)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Moving from 2000 to 2003 - Not upgrading Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter