• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

5.5 to 2003 Migration Issue

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> 5.5 to 2003 Migration Issue Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5.5 to 2003 Migration Issue - 7.Dec.2003 3:33:00 PM   
scarello

Is there anyway to rename the Directory name of a 5.5 Org to accomodate a migration to 2003 using the standard process of adding the 2003 server to the 5.5 org and rehomeing mailboxes, public folders etc.

I recently did one, but had to use exmerge because 5.5 had invalid characters in the org and site names.

The setup prep program said to look at a Q article which said to upgrade to exchange 2k, but didn't give really any other information except to document the org and site names because you can edit them later with adsiedit.

Does that mean you can install 2003 into a 5.5 org, remove the 5.5 server then edit the schema/ad?

Thanks,

Steve C
Post #: 1
RE: 5.5 to 2003 Migration Issue - 10.Dec.2003 4:21:00 PM   
Davealanc

The first 2000 migration i ever did the Org name had invalid characters. i renamed the org inside the 5.5 admin application. This did not change the directory name but it did change the org name. when I started my move-mailbox migration the new server used the name I had changed to. The new server never included what the directory name had.

So, unless I have totally misunderstood what you are trying to do, just rename your org inside 5.5 and do your move mailbox migration and all should be fine.

Good Luck.

DC

(in reply to scarello)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> 5.5 to 2003 Migration Issue Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter