• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Domain Controller and Exchange on the Same server... DCHP needed?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Domain Controller and Exchange on the Same server... DCHP needed? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Domain Controller and Exchange on the Same server... DC... - 10.Dec.2003 5:50:00 PM   
fzierold

I am attempting to run Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2003 server. The domain controller is on the same server as exchange. Do I need to install the DHCP server? Sorry I am a programmer and not a network guy.
Post #: 1
RE: Domain Controller and Exchange on the Same server..... - 10.Dec.2003 10:35:00 PM   
gurra

Hello tired,

The answer is no,you do not need to install DHCP and Exchange on the same server,contrary,I advice you to install DHCP server on a different server tp prevent any further load on the Exchange box.Be sure to edit boot.ini file on the Exchange server with the correct switches (there are some switches you need to add in order to optimize performance regarding memory usage on the Exchange box),do a serch on the Microsoft web and you'll find the switches I'm talking about,inany other case pm me and I'll mail you the link,need to lok it up myself!Best of luck !

Leifi

(in reply to fzierold)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Domain Controller and Exchange on the Same server... DCHP needed? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter