• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Advice Needed for 2000 to 2003 Migration

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Advice Needed for 2000 to 2003 Migration Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Advice Needed for 2000 to 2003 Migration - 16.Jan.2004 1:11:00 PM   
Matamoscas

Hello,

I have inherited a topology that I wish to change. I invite criticisms of my plan and please point out anything that may bite me in the a$$ later on.

Current Topology

13 Exchange Standard version 2000 sp3 servers
330 mailboxes
13 sites
Network: ADSL (private), ADSL (public w/VPNS), Satellite with VPN, Frame Relay (Point-to-Point)
(all connections are 512Mbps minimum)
Active Directory Native Mode
SMTP/Internet gateway in Madrid
Smallest store 148 MB
Biggest store 5 GB
After migration store will be 21 GB

Plan

I would like to install Exchange 2003 here in Madrid where I have Internet gateway. My plan would be after installing Exchange Enterprise version I would begin moving mailboxes onto the new machine. I would leave Exchange 2000 in the branch office with the satellite because latency is a problem with that office. Once all the mailboxes are moved to the new server in Madrid I would make it the new SMTP gateway machine and retire the last server. My main concern is how/if Exchange 2000 Standard will work with Exchange Enterprise 2003.

Thank you for all and any help/advice,

Pedro
Post #: 1
RE: Advice Needed for 2000 to 2003 Migration - 20.Jan.2004 10:05:00 PM   
Ricky

Pedro,

All should work fine as long as you have the appropriate connectors between the servers. Also if you change the operating system to 2003 exchange 2000 will not work so make sure you do not upgrade to win 2003 until you are ready with ex 2003.

Hope this helps

RM

(in reply to Matamoscas)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Advice Needed for 2000 to 2003 Migration Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter