• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Installation of Exchange 2003 is not possible

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Installation of Exchange 2003 is not possible Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Installation of Exchange 2003 is not possible - 11.Feb.2004 3:37:00 PM   
andyhud007

Hey guys.

I have a 2003 domain (all native) and had exchange 2003 installed on 2 server all in the same domain but in separate sites (connected over wan link)

We had to uninstall exchange 2003 completely from both server and this proved succesful. we also uninstalled iis and then reinstalled it (after rebooting the servers)

During the Exchange 2003 server removal, on the last server it even said "Remove excahnge from mydomain?" which was what we wanted. both servers in a nutshell uninstalled 100% succesfully.

So now we come to installing it again in the same domain (servers have not been reinstalled or anything)

On the same server that used to run ex2003, we run the installer but when we try and install it it comes up with

"The Component "Microsoft Exchange Messaging and Collaboration Services" cannot be assigned the action "install" because: - To install the first Exchange server in a domain, or to run setup in "/ForestPrep" mode, you must be an Exchange Full Administrator at the organisation level. You must use an account that has been granted the Full Exchange Administrator role on the Exchange Organisation using the Exchange Administrative Delegation Wizard"

How can I assign these permissions if exchange isnt even installed!

I'm trying to do it as the full domain administrator like I normally would

when trying "/forestprep" it comes up with the same message...

any thoughts?

Regards

andy
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Installation of Exchange 2003 is not possible Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter