• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Exchange 2003

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Exchange 2003 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exchange 2003 - 11.Feb.2004 4:52:00 PM   
Davetherave100

Hi
We are at present running Exchange 2000, but are looking into upgrading to 2003 using two exchange servers as a cluster to provide failover.
I have built a test domain, which just has one 2000 server with active diretory, and 1 exchange server.
I have set the exchange server up to hold the cluster drive, then installed hopefully the clust aware exchange. Eventually we hope to use a central SAN quorum resource, seperate to the exchange servers.
I have got exchange on the first box, without any errors as such, but when i go into the exchange manager, and servers, i see no servers.
Also in active directory users and computers, there is an exchange properties tab for the users, but nothing within that (apart from change remove exchange attributes)...no create mailbox, move mailbox etc.
I am new to server and exchange2003, so maybe its something silly ive not done.
Any ideas anybody?
Thanks
"[Confused]"
Dave
Post #: 1
RE: Exchange 2003 - 12.Feb.2004 11:34:00 AM   
Davetherave100

Well i was right...it was something that i had missed.
I hadnt configured a message transfer agent into the cluster group, in the cluster administrator. After putting this in, a virtual server instance, store, http server etc was created, the a server was shown in exchange system manager.
Time to now add another server into the cluster, see how far i get with that [Eek!]
Dont know about anyone else but i havent found much out on the internet specifically about clustering?, apart from a couple of Microsoft white papers.

Dave

(in reply to Davetherave100)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Exchange 2003 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter