• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

users can't log into outlook install after adc

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> users can't log into outlook install after adc Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
users can't log into outlook install after adc - 2.Mar.2004 4:47:00 PM   
conincka

Urgent help needed here. We've installed exchange 2003 active directory connector (step 4 was succesfull). Now 90% of the users do not have the right to access their own mailbox! Anyone any idea?
Kind regards,
DrT
Post #: 1
RE: users can't log into outlook install after adc - 2.Mar.2004 7:19:00 PM   
Henrik Walther

Anything interesting in the Event Log ?

(in reply to conincka)
Post #: 2
RE: users can't log into outlook install after adc - 3.Mar.2004 1:05:00 PM   
conincka

Henrik,

We found out that under active directory the user rights for the mailbox were not the same for all users. The "self" account was not available for all users (the username was the account for full mailbox access). Some users had the SELF-account but did not have full mailbox access. The weird thing about this was that these users are all on the same exchange 5.5 server. We have now given for all mailboxes the SELF-account Full mailbox rights and all is fine now for what concerns the log on to mailbox. The next problem we are encountering now is that some mail send to an internal mailbox has to be forwarded to an alternate recipient. If a mail is send internal to a distribution group and the mailbox is part of the group, the mail is forwarded to the alternate recipient (this applies to all mailboxes). If a mail is internally send to a mailbox it is in some cases forwarded (this does not apply for all mailboxes on the same exchange 5.5. server). If an external mail is send, the mail is never forwarded! Any ideas?

(in reply to conincka)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> users can't log into outlook install after adc Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter