• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F)

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 23.Nov.2006 11:04:50 PM   
russfly

I got it fixed!!!

I cannot tell how much time I have spent researching my problem.  Unfortunately a rebuild of the OAB only generated errors.  Ultimately the resolution involved ADSIedit because the Address-Templates, Address-Types, and Display-Templates were messed up.  Hope someone will be able to use it.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318237/en-us

--
Russell

(in reply to bushy555)
Post #: 181
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 31.Jan.2007 10:36:57 AM   
rich_nsa

I am getting this error on a multi-tenanted exchange 2003 server. I have tried rebuilding the offline address list, and ensuring that the users are pointing to the correct OAB for their OU, which they are. Any ideas on a fix for this? Its not a huge deal, but very frustrating for the customers.

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 182
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 7.Feb.2007 4:44:40 PM   
RobCash

I figured out for us that the users mailbox was corrupt.  I turned off Cache mode, and saw the user didn't even have an Inbox.  I went back into Cached mode, exported his e-mail to PST.  Then went into AD, deleted his mailbox, and created a new one, replication makes this take a little time.

Once the user had a new mailbox, I opened Outlook from the users account with Cached mode turned off.  I saw the user had a new mailbox, no mail, and all of the folders.. Inbox, Outbox, Sent.. etc.

Next I went back in and turned on cached mode, restarted Outlook.  Outlook complained it was in recovery mode.  I changed it back to no caching.  Then I went to E-mail Accounts, advanced/"more settings", and deleted his Offline files.  (Under the Advanced tab, click offline folder folder settings, then there is a button to delete cached files)

After the cache was deleted, I re-opened Outlook, just to make sure everything was ok.  Then re-enabled caching.  Restarted outlook.  Saw that the cache was empty, and the mailbox was ok.  Then I reimported the users mail from the PST file.

The user doesn't get the error anymore.

< Message edited by RobCash -- 7.Feb.2007 4:57:58 PM >

(in reply to rich_nsa)
Post #: 183
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 8.Feb.2007 7:53:56 AM   
Smallguy

have you tried previewing the address book  I did when I had this issue and  I noticed i had a uswer in one of my address books that was deleted.

I recreated the user and then correctly removed the user. --- that allowed me ot rebuld the address book.

then in my case I recreated the  addrress book and then set the information store to use the new address book.

we only have 50 users so the process didn't take long at all.

(in reply to RobCash)
Post #: 184
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 14.Feb.2007 8:28:37 AM   
farisnt

I have the same problem

as I read I have to rebuild the OAL
I do this .. but this did not help
and also MS says that I need to create a NEWGUI
I also did that .. but the problem still the same

What can this be

Thanks

Talk with all .. Learn from All
MCP - VB - A+

(in reply to Smallguy)
Post #: 185
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 14.Feb.2007 9:50:52 AM   
ahanbali

I had this problem before but it is fixed by having an other DC as GC server and configure RUS to use the new GC as Windows Domain Controller.

Abdelrahim I. Al-Hanbali
www.micromissions.com

(in reply to farisnt)
Post #: 186
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 14.Feb.2007 1:29:12 PM   
mikeroy2k

I did everything listed..... checked that OAB was listed in correct locations etc.. but when I click rebuild I would get event id 9331 and 9335 however my error code was 80070005 in the event ID. i couldn't find any info that matched these two errors. After searching i figured out that 80070005 is a generic code for access denied, and the source of the event was MSExcahngeSA (mad.exe) which needs to run as the local SYSTEM account. i went into exchange system manager, right clicked on mailbox store and public folder store went to properties and security, the SYSTEM account was not in there so I added SYSTEM with full control. clicked rebuild and it finally worked. hope this helps someone.

(in reply to ahanbali)
Post #: 187
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 16.Feb.2007 5:48:51 AM   
kabbas

Dear All,
I am facing a problem related to MS Exchange 2003. I can't initiate a new message therefore, using this reply option.
First I would like to discuss the scenario;

* Domain Controller + DNS1 (abc.com)
* ADC + MS Exchange 2003
* Child Domain +DNS2 + MS Exchange 2003 (xyz.abc.com)
* All machines are on same sub network
* All services runing fine

Both Exchanges working fine with it self but the problem comes when child domain's users mail to parent domain's users and vise versa. Second both DNS can not resolve their names.

If someone can help me out and discuss this problem in this forum to resolve this issue.

Regards
Kashif Abbas

(in reply to josephvi)
Post #: 188
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 16.Feb.2007 12:50:21 PM   
farisnt

HI

this was fixed in an easier way

I had just creat anew OAL and add the AD user to it and in the MailBox Store select the New Creat OAL and rebuild it again
now every thing working without any error

MCP - VB - A+

(in reply to kabbas)
Post #: 189
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 19.Feb.2007 5:09:30 AM   
kabbas

Thanks for your reply, but I couldn't understand the solution you provided... can you specify the step please.

Ragards

(in reply to farisnt)
Post #: 190
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 19.Feb.2007 5:54:47 AM   
ahanbali

each solution is depends on he problem...
check the application log on your exchange server there are many issues may cause this error.
what is the log that indecate the problem in the offline address book

Abdelrahim I. Al-Hanbali
www.micromissions.com

(in reply to kabbas)
Post #: 191
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 19.Feb.2007 6:20:36 AM   
kabbas

Thanks, I am analyzing the events hopefully may reached to a solution. I am new to this forum, can tell me how to disable the auto email notify option via eamil.... Once I checked it.

(in reply to ahanbali)
Post #: 192
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 19.Feb.2007 7:12:02 AM   
farisnt

Yes.. This depend on the error .. but I will assume that all the error are the same and you have the same problem
As it seem to be the OAL is damage and can not be rebuild from Active Directory you can creat a new one by these steps:
Open the system Manager:
1: Expand the Recipients folder
Click on All Address Lists
You will find in the Right panel
All Contact, All Group, All Users, Public Folders
Right Click on Each one and select properties, and Click on Preview
a list should appear holding its object ( I mean when you click on the All Users and then Preview a list of the users in your active directory will appear ... as when you preview the contact and other ... but if the list was empty then this mean that there is no object, May be No contact .. like if you did not enble the public folder and click on preview .. as there is no Public Folder no object will appear, But THERE MUST NO BE ANY ERROR MESSAGE LIKE FAIL IN GETTING THE LIST, if this happend then tell us and review the event LOG )
after you preview the list and ensure that all then can be previewd

2: Cick on the Offline Address Lists
Right Click on the Folder and select New > OfflineAddress list...
A new Dialog will appear telling you to type the name of the new address list, type what ever you liek and then Click on Browse...
The Active Directory Search Box will appear, Click on Advance --> Find Now
The Exchange server will appear in the list .. Select it and click OK --> OK.
Click Next
Click on ADD and select from the list All users, All Group,All Contact ( if enable the Public folder and have some Mail Enabled Folder then Select the Public Folder) and click OK and then Next and Finish .. you will notice that there is a new list created with the name you select
Right Click on it and Select ( Set as New Default )
now Expand the Administrative Group --> Servers --> YouServer --> First Storage Group --> Mailbox Store ( Right Click on it and select Properties), In the Offline Address List ( Located in the Middle of the Window) Select Browse and select the newlly Created list Click OK and then go back to the OAL and Right Click on the New List and then select Rebuild

This is for the Server Side .. Go to the Client Side and select Download Offline Addresses and then Click on Send/Recive
or Close the Outlook and then open it again
or wait 24 hour

I hope this can help

Have a nice time

MCP - VB - A+

(in reply to russfly)
Post #: 193
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 20.Feb.2007 2:27:32 AM   
ahanbali

I had this log in the past:
Source: MSExchangeSA
Catergory: OAL Generator
Event ID: 9337

OALGen did not find any recipients in address list '\Global Address List'. This offline address list will not be generated. 
- Offline Address 

and it resolved by adding new GC server and bring it as primary domain controller for the RUS.
while other have deferent log like 9331 which resolved by either run forest/domain prep for the exchange server.
or by giving the system account a permissions on the stors in the exchange server

so lets know the log ID and the description so we can have a list of solutions depends on the log ID

Abdelrahim I. Al-Hanbali
www.micromissions.com

(in reply to farisnt)
Post #: 194
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 22.Feb.2007 6:01:40 PM   
taingo

All,

I just finished 2 installs:

1)  Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 Server 32bit
2)  Exchange 2007 x64 DVD on Windows 2003 Server x64

#1 did not give me this error at all, but #2 did have it in the Outlook 2003 client connection to Exchange 2007 in either standard TCP/IP or RPC over HTTP.

Here was my solution:

1)  fire up Exchange 2007 Management Console
2)  goto Server Configuration->Mailbox and double click on the Mailbox Storage item under First Storage...
3)  a dialog will open up with 3 tabs.  Goto the 'Client Settings' tab.
4)  the solution is in front of your eyes.  The 'Offline Address Book' edit field is BLANK!!! Way to go microsoft numnuts!!!!  Simply click on the 'Browse' button and select the 'Default Offline Address Book' or one you created on your own.

Thats it...Outlook 2003 RPC over HTTP to Exchange 2007 no longer has that dreaded (0x8004010F) error when you click SEND/RECEIVE...that is if you even got that far yet in the configuration.

(in reply to josephvi)
Post #: 195
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 12.Mar.2007 1:28:09 PM   
dermario

Hi!

This problem may also occur, if you change the NTFS Settings of a public folder by pressing Crtl-Butten and clicking on Client Permissions using the Exchange-System-Manager.

We solve the problem with the "Pfdavadmin" tool from Microsoft. It resolves permission inconsistency in public folders easily. You'll get it here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=635be792-d8ad-49e3-ada4-e2422c0ab424&DisplayLang=en

greets from Austria,
dermario.

(in reply to taingo)
Post #: 196
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 21.Mar.2007 6:54:47 PM   
SKG

I have the same problem EXCEPT I am using Exchange 2007 and Outlook 2003.
Strange the way some things just lingre without getting resolved, for generations!
My error is:
Microsoft Exchange Server reported error 0X8004010F The operation failed. An object could not be found.
I can send and receive internal emails, and send externally, but not receive from the Internet.

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 197
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 22.Mar.2007 5:34:48 AM   
tim_carter

This started for me, when i moved all the mailboxes from on exchange server, to another.. after this i have tried everything, and havent found a way to get rid of it

(in reply to josephvi)
Post #: 198
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 22.Mar.2007 6:17:31 AM   
farisnt

This message mean .. that the Offline Address Book is unable to be read maybe becouse its damage or exchange can not access the AD

try this

Open the system Manager:
1: Expand the Recipients folder
Click on All Address Lists
You will find in the Right panel
All Contact, All Group, All Users, Public Folders
Right Click on Each one and select properties, and Click on Preview
a list should appear holding its object ( I mean when you click on the All Users and then Preview a list of the users in your active directory will appear ... as when you preview the contact and other ... but if the list was empty then this mean that there is no object, May be No contact .. like if you did not enble the public folder and click on preview .. as there is no Public Folder no object will appear, But THERE MUST NO BE ANY ERROR MESSAGE LIKE FAIL IN GETTING THE LIST, if this happend then tell us and review the event LOG )
after you preview the list and ensure that all then can be previewd

2: Cick on the Offline Address Lists
Right Click on the Folder and select New > OfflineAddress list...
A new Dialog will appear telling you to type the name of the new address list, type what ever you liek and then Click on Browse...
The Active Directory Search Box will appear, Click on Advance --> Find Now
The Exchange server will appear in the list .. Select it and click OK --> OK.
Click Next
Click on ADD and select from the list All users, All Group,All Contact ( if enable the Public folder and have some Mail Enabled Folder then Select the Public Folder) and click OK and then Next and Finish .. you will notice that there is a new list created with the name you select
Right Click on it and Select ( Set as New Default )
now Expand the Administrative Group --> Servers --> YouServer --> First Storage Group --> Mailbox Store ( Right Click on it and select Properties), In the Offline Address List ( Located in the Middle of the Window) Select Browse and select the newlly Created list Click OK and then go back to the OAL and Right Click on the New List and then select Rebuild

This is for the Server Side .. Go to the Client Side and select Download Offline Addresses and then Click on Send/Recive
or Close the Outlook and then open it again
or wait 24 hour

I hope this can help

Have a nice time

MCP - VB - A+

(in reply to tim_carter)
Post #: 199
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 24.Mar.2007 1:41:57 AM   
manojp

Is this issue happening to all the users or just couple of users. If its happening to all the users then go to the mailbox store properties of the store where the users are located and make sure that the OAB is selcted collectly and its been pointed to the right public folder.

In ESM go to the offline address list and do a rebuild and see if you are getting error.

Enabled diagnostic logging on OAL generator in MsexchangeSA and then do a rebuild, check for the event logs to see if the OAB is been generated correctly.

If you get any erros warning, then post in here..

In addition, run the EXBPA and check all issues to see if anything realted to OAB is been listed.

If this issue is just for one user try creating a new profile in cache mode and check.

Is

(in reply to farisnt)
Post #: 200

Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >> << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter