• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F)

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 18.Jun.2004 6:10:00 PM   
Xaneth

quote:
Check the following:
Properties of mailbos store, general tab, Offline Address Book. If there is noting there browse to the default offline address list.

That did it, finally! Been over and over this forum, and finally someone has the answer!

(in reply to josephvi)
Post #: 41
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 20.Jun.2004 8:57:00 PM   
quote:
Originally posted by <N8Falter74>:
> This worked for me (Exchange 2003):
>
> Exchange System Manager:
> Goto Recipients->Offline Address Lists->Default > Offline Address list, right click and select
> rebuild.
>
> That's all. It works fine now.

This works under Exchenge 2000 as well
thanx

Tried it and problem solved.
Thanks!

(in reply to josephvi)
  Post #: 42
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 23.Jun.2004 7:25:00 PM   
epresley

Hi, I had this error too. It was from swapping on exchange 2003 server to another and then decomissioning the first....I followed a few articles on how to change the primary exchange server to another one...thing went well except for this synchronization issue with the OAB...I solved it bu doing two things...firstly I recreated the default offline address book...I renamed the orginal and then I right clicked and made it the deafult and rebuilt it....after this I was still receiving error messages so I had to do a properties of the private store as recommended above in this thread and change the address book to the new one I created and BINGO>>FIXED....thanks to all on this great website.....
Elvis [Smile]

(in reply to josephvi)
Post #: 43
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 23.Jun.2004 10:10:00 PM   
ag1010

I get this same error too on Outlook 2000 clients on an Exchange 2000 / AD 2000. I have about 765 sales reps who sync up. Out of all of them I have this problem happening to about 300 or so. So for the only way I've been dealing with it is creating a new Outlook profile. This is time consuming and annoying and wonder if in my case it is server related?

(in reply to josephvi)
Post #: 44
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 5.Jul.2004 11:01:00 PM   
manny100

I have the same problem but only on cached mailboxes. Does anyone know if there is a different solution to the ones above. I have tried them but im still getting the problem.

(in reply to josephvi)
Post #: 45
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 6.Jul.2004 12:36:00 PM   
Marcel_B

i solved the problem when i set the offline files use on the client to disable, then the error was gone,

i enabled ofcourse the offline use again on the client, and there it was again the error.....

So i you want to let it go away, set the ofline use to disabled.

My users want to use this feature, so they can live with the error, but there must be a fix for it from MS right?

Regards, and hope this helps...

(in reply to josephvi)
Post #: 46
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 8.Jul.2004 11:28:00 AM   
svetozar

quote:
Originally posted by <Midget>:
One of my Outlook users had the same error 0x8004010F when synchronizing his mailbox.
The solution was:
1) Remove the checkmark from 'Download Offline Address Book' (OAB) in Send/rec. settings.
2) Download OAB from Send/receive menu.
3) Sync. w/ F9
4) Set the checkmark in 1)
5) Sunc. w/ F9

Done !

Well... will you, please, explain step 1) because I have no this checkmark in Send/Receive settings.

(in reply to josephvi)
Post #: 47
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 23.Jul.2004 12:46:00 PM   
RichardW

When you notice errors 8207 an/or 8179 in the application log and you are not able to access Public Folders and update Free/Busy data this could point to a problem with the SiteFolderServer attribute.
To correct this problem see MS KB284200

(in reply to josephvi)
Post #: 48
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 26.Jul.2004 6:11:00 AM   
I had the same error (0x8004010F) after the 2nd Exchange2003 server implemented. After doing some research, I think I find the root for this error, and the problem has been fixed.

Basically the user gets this error because the Default Address list has not been replicated to user's home server yet (or there is no Default Address List built yet, if this is the 1st Exchange 200x server).

To replicate the Default Offline Address List to user's home server:
1.go to System Manager.
2.In the console tree, expand Servers, expand the fist Exchange 200x server in this Exchange Organization (to find out which server homes the Default Offline Address List, point to Recipients, point to Offline Address Lists, and then you can see from the right panel). Find the OAB Version 2, OAB Version 3a, and Offline Address Book from the Public Folder Instances panel.
3.Right-click on each these three folders, and then click Properties.
4.Click Replication, and then click Add.
5.Select the new server you want to replicate to.
6.Wait and check the Public Folder Instances panel on the new server to confirm those three folders have been replicated.

Then go back to your Outlook and do a Send/Receive. The error should be gone.

Hope it helps.....

(in reply to josephvi)
  Post #: 49
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 2.Aug.2004 3:46:00 PM   
And what if a have only one server in my Exchange site? Then I won't be able to put offline address book in working state? Please explain, because i have the same problem, OAB v2 is created, but my Outlook 2003 still reports an error 0X8004010F

(in reply to josephvi)
  Post #: 50
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 3.Aug.2004 8:39:00 PM   
dhost

quote:
Originally posted by Xaneth:
quote:
Check the following:
Properties of mailbos store, general tab, Offline Address Book. If there is noting there browse to the default offline address list.

That did it, finally! Been over and over this forum, and finally someone has the answer!
This did it for me as well, finally. Thanks!

(in reply to josephvi)
Post #: 51
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 5.Aug.2004 4:11:00 AM   
yep, that fixed it, had to add a few users or groups to the offline list and rebuild, now no problems.

(in reply to josephvi)
  Post #: 52
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 5.Aug.2004 5:59:00 AM   
joshgow

I have tried all of the mentioned scenarios, apart from the replication settings within Public Folder instances for Offline Address Book (running Exchange 2003). This does not seem to appear in my list of Public Folder Instances where as OAB Version 2 and OAB Version 3a are both present. Is there anyway to get this Offline Address Book public folder instance back? If someone knows of a work around or resolution that would be great [Smile]

[ August 05, 2004, 06:00 AM: Message edited by: Josh1981 ]

(in reply to josephvi)
Post #: 53
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 12.Aug.2004 7:35:00 PM   
When trying to rebuild the default offline address book I'm getting the following error

No bindings. facility: Win32, ID no: c00706b6 Exchange
system manager"

Any idea here?

(in reply to josephvi)
  Post #: 54
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 12.Aug.2004 9:02:00 PM   
cscoppa

This has been driving me crazy for months... only this solution from above worked for me: (Thanks!)

Check the following:
Properties of mailbox store (NOT public folder store), general tab, Offline Address Book. If there is noting there browse to the default offline address list.

(in reply to josephvi)
Post #: 55
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 16.Aug.2004 4:36:00 PM   
Thanks, HarryBeekman ! Saved my skin !
This finally worked for me ... "Properties of mailbox store, general tab, Offline Address Book. If there is noting there browse to the default offline address list."

(in reply to josephvi)
  Post #: 56
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 17.Aug.2004 8:47:00 PM   
Faithstrike

quote:
Originally posted by <LoneShark>:
When trying to rebuild the default offline address book I'm getting the following error

No bindings. facility: Win32, ID no: c00706b6 Exchange
system manager"

Any idea here?

Go into the properties of the address list, browse and reselct the server for that address list. Then rebuild again.

[ August 17, 2004, 08:51 PM: Message edited by: Faithstrike ]

(in reply to josephvi)
Post #: 57
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 26.Aug.2004 11:18:00 AM   
Mujahid Hussain

In Exchange 2003 add policies
To add policies do the following.

Public Store Policy
Public Folder Store policies are used to apply settings on one or more Public Stores. More
than one Public Folder Store Policy can be created to fit the various roles that an Exchange
2000 / 2003 Public Folder Server may take in your environment.
Note: Exchange 2003 is able to host multiple Public Stores, so there isnÆt necessarily a oneto-
one relationship between servers and public stores. All redundant Public stores should be
removed to minimize hierarchy replication.
Public Store Policy Creation
A new Public Store policy is created as follows:
1 Right click on the newly created System Policies container and select New then Public
Store Policy.
2 In the New Policy dialog, select all the check boxes as shown below:
On the General tab, enter a name for this Public Store Policy using the following format:
�� New-Public Store Policy [Number] [Description]
3 On the General (Policy) tab, the defaults shown below are recommended
4 On the Database (Policy) tab, the schedule for the online maintenance can be changed
for all Public Folder Stores that have this policy applied. Point to the correct server and the relevant pub.edb It is mainly due to this the error is coming up.
5 Set a Maintenance interval schedule that doesnÆt clash with online backups or other
maintenance work.
6 On the Replication (Policy) tab, the default replication interval for the stores can be
defined. Note this is just the default for the store, and this can be over-ridden on a
folder-by-folder basis.
�� Replication interval: Run Always
�� Replication interval for always (minutes): 15
�� Replication message size limit (KB): 300
7 The Limits (Policy) tab controls the Public Folder Storage Limits, the Deletion
Settings, and the Age Limits. The following settings are recommended:
Storage Limits:
�� Issue warning at (KB): Must not be left blank
�� Prohibit post at (KB): Must not be left blank
�� Maximum item size (KB): Must not be left blank. (10240 recommend)
Deletion Settings:
�� Keep deleted items for (days): 15 (15 days is the minimum duration recommended,
30 days is recommended if the disk space is available.) Please refer to your practice
protection policy for details.
�� Do not permanently delete items until the store has been backed up: Enabled
Age Limits:
�� Do not configure any age limits
8 Full-Text Indexing (Policy) tab will control the indexing of stores within this policy.
Indexing allows for faster and better searching of data within a public folder store, but
also requires a sizeable disk-space and processor overhead.
�� There are no changes to make on this tab.
9 On the Details tab fill in the current date, an identifier and a description of the change
made. If this is kept up to date with subsequent changes, a good change history can be
maintained on the object.
Public Store Policy Application
Once the policy is created it needs to be applied to the servers that require the settings. Once
it is applied in this way the server has the policy set until the policy is removed.
Subsequent policy changes will be applied to these servers (when the Apply now action is
selected, see below).
The following steps are required:
1 Right-click on the new Public Store Policy and select Add Public Store.
2 Select the store or stores you wish to apply this policy to and select Add.
3 Once all the correct stores are selected, click OK.
4 When prompted to confirm that the Public Store should be added to the policy, click Yes
When the stores have been selected, the policy needs to be applied.
5 Right-click on the Public Store Policy that has been created, and select Apply Now.
�� All the settings that have been specified in the policy will then be applied to all the
Public Folder Stores selected.
�� Subsequent changes to the policy will need to be applied to the servers using the
Apply now function.

(in reply to josephvi)
Post #: 58
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 9.Sep.2004 8:28:00 PM   
I had this problem too and found that by going into Exchange System Manager, right click on the Mailbox Store and Define the Offline Address Book, this resolved the problems that I was having.

(in reply to josephvi)
  Post #: 59
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 24.Sep.2004 7:14:00 PM   
Shaka's method worked for me on a fresh 2003 DC with Exchange 2003 enterprise and Outlook client 2003.

Thanks

(in reply to josephvi)
  Post #: 60

Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >> << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter