• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F)

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 30.Sep.2004 10:24:00 AM   
Sparky wrote: take your mail profile out of being cached mode.

That's not a solution Sparky, if it wasn't for killing my bandwith from the sublocations in the country, it still is designed to alliviate the server of processing power and newtork useage so that more boxes can be hosted on the same hardware. Also using this fix only takes away the symptoms, it does not take away the fact that there is a *problem*.

I've ran accros several of the options, but currently I'm still suffering from this dreaded 0x8004010F error (Single Exchange 2003 member server in a 2003 AD environment. Both Native.)

(in reply to josephvi)
  Post #: 61
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 8.Oct.2004 4:37:00 PM   
I had this problem too.
Windows 2000 SBS
Exchange 2000 SP3
Outlook 2003
I tried all the options above.
nothing worked....
I read a little more on the Microsoft Knowledge Base.
It looked more and more like it had to do something with rights.
Then I figured it out
I had two users with the same mailbox.
One had given full mailbox access to the other.
The other had no mailbox of his own.
He could perfectly read all the email from the other and do other things in his mailbox. Only thing was that he had the error when synchonizing...
problem is that if you want to read a OAB you MUST have a mailbox attached to your own login.
I solved it by adding a mailbox to the users account and not using it...
dirty trick but it does the job.

(in reply to josephvi)
  Post #: 62
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 26.Oct.2004 6:29:00 PM   
gintang

I tried all of the above and I am still get same annoying message.

We use Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. any ideas???

TIA

(in reply to josephvi)
Post #: 63
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 2.Nov.2004 5:41:00 PM   
Thanks for the help! I was getting the same error using Exchange 2003 E and Outlook 2003. We are using Legato to HA our new Exchange 2003 servers and the standby node was listed as the OAB server. I changed the server name to the active node and still got the error. I bounced the GC server and all is well.

(in reply to josephvi)
  Post #: 64
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 2.Nov.2004 11:04:00 PM   
MSRyman

SOunds like the time has come for guidgen utility which resets the System Folders Here is a link to the KB article that describes that.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/275171

(in reply to josephvi)
Post #: 65
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 2.Nov.2004 11:07:00 PM   
MSRyman

Quick comment on why 1 user can not have 2 mailboxes associated is that AD will not allow more than DN for the HomeMTA and HomeMDB attributes and in this manner is not quite as flexible as EXch 5.5 but there are several methods to accomplish this if desired.

Sorry for the off subject post

(in reply to josephvi)
Post #: 66
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 2.Nov.2004 11:26:00 PM   
MSRyman

This is a very frustrating Issue I can see...

Sounds like a few different things possibly one of them being as said above that the replicas may not have the server as having a replica and you either need to add it or run guidgen utility (for Exch 2000 URL added inline http://support.microsoft.com/kb/275171
but..the process is slightly different for Exch 2003)

Also here are some kesy things to know about the client versions when tshooting these problems

Outlook 2000 SR1 and older
Get referred to Global Catalog (GC) evrytime they connect to Exchange via a process called DSProxy.

Any version newer that SR1 Outlook XP and newer
Cache the GC in the registry in the users profile DCA7?????????? is the key with the value for GC cache and it does when Outlook successfully closes if it doesn't close properly cache may never be reset and thus client never updates GC to be referred to

Outlook 2003
In cached mode (which is like a local copy of the store but for your mailbox) causes a some undesirable side effects one being Offline Address Book downloads.

Look at the ACLs and turn up diag logging on MSExchangeAL and MSExchangeIS\SYstem to maximum for all and go look in the application event log

(in reply to josephvi)
Post #: 67
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 8.Nov.2004 4:12:00 AM   
Just wanted to drop in 2 cents well after the fact.. Rebuilding the offline Address book fixed the problem for me. Many thanks!

Mike

(in reply to josephvi)
  Post #: 68
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 10.Nov.2004 9:49:00 PM   
0X8004010F caused by bad offline address book. go to "offline address lists" and right-click on the default offline address list (or problem list) and select rebuild.

(in reply to josephvi)
  Post #: 69
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 11.Nov.2004 6:19:00 PM   
Harry Beakman - thanks! Worked a treat after trying for ages to sort out.

(in reply to josephvi)
  Post #: 70
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 12.Nov.2004 5:32:00 PM   
for everyone that has recently migrated to a new exchange server and receives this error...
Check the "offline address list server" in the properties of the "offline address list". maybe point it to your new exchange server...

(in reply to josephvi)
  Post #: 71
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 12.Nov.2004 11:48:00 PM   
This is what worked for Me.

I had a server that was previously installed by another tech which failed all to doom. I went in and setup a working 2003 exchange server into the domain. Except that non-existant server was still showing up in Active Directory. So i removed that server with ADSUedit.msc and volia, the error message disappered. [Smile]

(in reply to josephvi)
  Post #: 72
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 16.Nov.2004 11:15:00 PM   
This is what I've noticed. One of my users was getting the above mentioned error, all others were fine.. We had recently done a domain migration from NT to 2003 AD Exchange 2003. The user experiencing the issue was still loging into the old domain. We are still using some resources in that domain and yes there is a bidirectional trust relationship. Also each user in the NT domain was given explicit access to their new mailbox in the AD domain, but I think that the Exchange 2003 was dening access to the OAL. Simple fix for me was to have her login to the corrcet doamin.. [Smile]

(in reply to josephvi)
  Post #: 73
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 18.Nov.2004 8:53:00 PM   
If you have moved from Exchange 2000 to 2003 there will be an Event ID 9127 error in Application log. Use this to fix the error, then rebuild the offline address list. Error gone.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;286328

(in reply to josephvi)
  Post #: 74
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 23.Nov.2004 4:49:00 AM   
OK guys... this thread has pretty much the complete solution in it. But only 1 person touched on it... that was epresley... here's the fix...

1. make sure your offline address book has been rebuilt.

2. right click on mailbox store, select properties... right on the first general screen in the middle, you have no offline address book selected... click browse, advanced, find now and select it...

3. MOST IMPORTANT! restart you information store service from services mmc console.

That's it.

(in reply to josephvi)
  Post #: 75
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 27.Nov.2004 6:50:00 AM   
DIE-HARD

I had to install 2003 on a seperate temp server and like magic all my missing address books came back.
Then i was able to do what is stated in the above posts.

Glad to be done with this sync error!

Now my only proglem is Busy/Free Schedule doesn't work [Frown]

(in reply to josephvi)
Post #: 76
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 1.Dec.2004 6:20:00 PM   
WeeManDK

FINALLY! I resolved this issue on my own Exchange 2003 with 26 Clients, who all had the error.

Solution i used:

On your exchange server, browse to the following folder: C:\Program Files\exchsrvr\schema

Check if the folder "non_ipm_subtree" is created. If not, create it! And create a subfolder in the dir. called "schema".

After that, proceed with these steps:

1. make sure your offline address book has been rebuilt.

2. right click on mailbox store, select properties... right on the first general screen in the middle, you have no offline address book selected... click browse, advanced, find now and select it...

3. MOST IMPORTANT! restart you information store service from services mmc

I had tried everything, but only this worked! So make shure that folder is there, and it should work like a charm! [Smile]

WeeMan Out.

(in reply to josephvi)
Post #: 77
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 6.Dec.2004 4:22:00 PM   
Just got the same error today on an Exchange 5.5 setup with XP (OS and office)client.
I use a laptop as well (W2K offXP)so may be something to with offline file

(in reply to josephvi)
  Post #: 78
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 13.Dec.2004 10:00:00 PM   
quote:
Originally posted by <Psofimia>:
This worked for me (Exchange 2003):

Exchange System Manager:
Goto Recipients->Offline Address Lists->Default Offline Address list, right click and select rebuild.

That's all. It works fine now.

(in reply to josephvi)
  Post #: 79
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 14.Dec.2004 4:37:00 PM   
quote:
Originally posted by <Psofimia>:
This worked for me (Exchange 2003):

Exchange System Manager:
Goto Recipients->Offline Address Lists->Default Offline Address list, right click and select rebuild.

That's all. It works fine now.

[/QB][/QUOTE]

When i rebuild the Default Offline Address List, it can affects current addresses and accounts?
Please answer me somone.

(in reply to josephvi)
  Post #: 80

Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >> << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter