• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F)

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 23.Dec.2004 2:09:00 PM   

---------------------------------------------
OK guys... this thread has pretty much the complete solution in it. But only 1 person touched on it... that was epresley... here's the fix...

1. make sure your offline address book has been rebuilt.

2. right click on mailbox store, select properties... right on the first general screen in the middle, you have no offline address book selected... click browse, advanced, find now and select it...

3. MOST IMPORTANT! restart you information store service from services mmc console.

That's it.

Corey you're a star!
I'd tried all of these things and more as they'd been mentioned in previous posts, just not in this order. Did as you said and it sorted mine right out.
Thanks again.....

(in reply to josephvi)
  Post #: 81
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 11.Jan.2005 6:58:00 PM   
twdave

This worked for me:

One of my Outlook users had the same error 0x8004010F when synchronizing his mailbox.
The solution was:
1) Remove the checkmark from 'Download Offline Address Book' (OAB) in Send/rec. settings.
2) Download OAB from Send/receive menu.
3) Sync. w/ F9
4) Set the checkmark in 1)
5) Sunc. w/ F9

Done !

(in reply to josephvi)
Post #: 82
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 18.Jan.2005 12:45:00 AM   
bhelfer

Was receiving the 0x8004010F when Outlook 2002/2003 tried to sync and on the Exchange 2003 server in the Event Viewer when I tried to rebuild the Offline Address List. Had no success using the Microsoft doc, "How To Reset a Site Folder in Exchange Server 2003".

Was successful by creating a new Offline Address List with Exchange's System Manager: [Smile]
-Recipients, Offline Address Lists, New, Offline Address List, give it a name
--Program indicated something like it would create the appropriate folder during (nightly) maintenance
-Next day checked Event Viewer, it had successfully generated the new Offline Address List
-As a confirmation, right click new Offline Address List and select Rebuild, checked Event Viewer and looked like rebuild ran successfully.
-Right click new Offline Address List and select Set as the New Default
-Administrative Groups, First Admin Group, Servers, YOURSERVER, First Storage, Mailbox Store, Properties, General tab, Offline Address List, Browse, Advanced, Find Now and locate the new Offline Address List, select it.

(in reply to josephvi)
Post #: 83
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 18.Jan.2005 9:09:00 AM   
dtdionne

Yes, my original server (which is now gone) was in my defalut address book entry, i had to browse for my new server, rebuilt my oab and everyhing was fixed in 10 min.

(in reply to josephvi)
Post #: 84
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 19.Jan.2005 6:58:00 PM   
Death-Speak

I brought in a new Win2k3/Ex2k3 server into an existing 2000 domain with an Exchange 5.5 server. For the migration i used ExMerge. After installation and export/import, the 2003 server worked as expected until I shut down the 5.5 server. I started recieving this error:

"Task æMicrosoft Exchange ServerÆ reported error (0x8004010f) : æThe operation failed. An object could not be recognized."

Also, we could send e-mails to external addresses but, recieve and sending internally would not work.

I tried all of the solutions in this thread but none worked.

My Solution:
I removed Ex2k3 from the new server and removed the server from the domain and deleted all instances of the Ex2k3 server in AD, After rejoining the domain and reinstalling Ex2k3 (and configuring) everything seems to work normal.

Not the perfect solution, but maybe it will help someone.

DS

(in reply to josephvi)
Post #: 85
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 24.Jan.2005 11:16:00 AM   
Was getting this same error. Moved Servers and noticed Offline Address Book was pointing to old server name. Deleted it. Rebuilt an OAB and called it by company name. Got this error message same and tried everything. Then properties page of mailbox store - general tab. Browsed to name of new offline address book. Instant fix users just required to do quick log off outlook and problem solved. Thx

(in reply to josephvi)
  Post #: 86
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 25.Jan.2005 3:27:00 PM   
Examine your event viewer.

Rebuild the offline address list

It will work!

(in reply to josephvi)
  Post #: 87
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 26.Jan.2005 1:04:00 PM   
austenlowe

Hi all

I can beat the lot of you,

Clients getting the ususal 0X8004010F on the clients.

but when i try to create and rebuild a oab i get

MAPI of an unspecified service provider.
ID No: 000000000-0000-000000000

ID No: c1050000
Exchange system manager.

descriptive error msg that.

(in reply to josephvi)
Post #: 88
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 4.Feb.2005 1:18:00 PM   
I too had the same error code when sending & receiving on a Windows XP client, I tried to create a new OAB and all the other things mentioned but to no avail, eventually the quickest solution was to create the user a new e-mail profile, only took 3 or 4 minutes and the problem has been resolved.

(in reply to josephvi)
  Post #: 89
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 5.Feb.2005 1:35:00 AM   
the_night_watchman

W3K server - Ex3K....

Office 2003 Clients getting the stop error in sych itmes.

Rebuilt the offline address list - works like a dream!

Thanks for the advice

(in reply to josephvi)
Post #: 90
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 5.Feb.2005 1:36:00 AM   
the_night_watchman

W3K server - Ex3K....

Office 2003 Clients getting the stop error.

Rebuilt the offline address list - works like a dream!

Thanks for the advice

(in reply to josephvi)
Post #: 91
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 10.Feb.2005 8:55:00 PM   
quote:
Originally posted by <HarryBeekman>:
Check the following:
Properties of mailbos store, general tab, Offline Address Book. If there is noting there browse to the default offline address list.

Only this worked for me.

I've been struggling with the same problem for weeks, none of the articles helped me - rebuilding the list etc., THIS WORKED!

(in reply to josephvi)
  Post #: 92
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 15.Feb.2005 9:46:00 AM   
@WeeManDK

Hey thanks man,

your resolution could fix the problem, I tried to follow the other clues mentioned but it never worked out. I finally got rid off the 8004010F-Error!

Greetings from Switzerland
Samuel

(in reply to josephvi)
  Post #: 93
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 21.Feb.2005 12:16:00 PM   
All,

I could resolve the problem, how??? Here I go...

In your Outlook select Tools--> Options. Under MailSetup tab click on Send/Recieve button. Select the relevant Group Name and click on Edit. Under Accounts Option you may find the Download offline Address book option (checked/selected). Please DO NOT select the check-box option and save your settings.

Do an explicit Send/Recieve operation. This will take some time to complete, so be patient. Once the operation is completed (success or fail is not relevant) again perform the explicit Send/Recieve operation. This time you will not get any errors and the operation gets completed fast.

Remember, I am using Outlook 2003 installed in XP OS.

Cheers... [Smile]
Prasad Paturi

quote:
Originally posted by josephvi:
Does anyone know what this is and how to fix it? The Microsoft website says its related to the Offline Address List. It only happens with Outlook XP. Outlook 2000 doesn't have a problem. Updating to the latest service packs didn't help either.

(in reply to josephvi)
  Post #: 94
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 22.Feb.2005 5:58:00 PM   
zakirdavis

I was having the same problem, on exchange 2003 and outlook 2003.

what the problem was, In outlook, under Tools >> Send/Receive >> Download Address Book, where it says "Choose Address Book", my address book name was called Global Address List, however in my ESM, my address list was called Default Global Address List. So I renamed it, closed outlook, and reopened. the problem was fixed.

(in reply to josephvi)
Post #: 95
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 28.Feb.2005 2:04:00 PM   
xxxomxxx

quote:
Originally posted by <RJF>:
quote:
Originally posted by <ConteMax>:
I have the same problem!
Exchange 2000 on a 2003 Active Directory Structure... Every time I check my mailboxex I receive the 0X8004010F error! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Max

I had this same problem, none of the above worked for me.

Last thing i tried was setting the properties of the Default offline adresslist to exchange 4.0 and 5.0 compatibility

Maybe this helps

Bye
Robert-Jan

when i try this i have a LDAP error, anybody know how to fix this?

After this error is just have enough, i would like to reinstall exchange since it was my first setup and some things did not go so well. What is the best way to backup the Exchange Outlook data, approx 1.5 GB.

If i want to reinstall the whole server do i need to make more backups of things, what do i have to look out for. Its a Server 2003 and exchange 2003 with active directory.

Everything was fine, i changed the region that was wrong in the x400 settings, but i think that didnt update to all the exchange settings, can i manually provoke it to update all x400 settings?

I had a problem not beeing able to connect to the server with some Outlook 2003 clients before, dont know why, probably unclean active directory.

Since today i cant receive mail anymore on any adresses (listed in AD), now thats a first and really time to redo everthing. Can i restore the messsages that i can not view via OWA or Outlook 2003 or arent they on the server anyway??

thank you for your advice on this obviously very tricky exchange 2003 setup ;-)

(in reply to josephvi)
Post #: 96
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 28.Feb.2005 2:07:00 PM   
xxxomxxx

btw, if i send it directly to the user for example aa (for aa@domain) instead of aa@domain i recieve the message, because it does not leave the server. If i send it via internet i wont recieve it...

(in reply to josephvi)
Post #: 97
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 1.Mar.2005 5:39:00 PM   
I added in the following to my message store. If you migrated from one server to the next, this is probably your issue. I added in the offline address book and walla. Everything worked. I didn't have to do step 3 though. Right after I added in the offline address book, it started to work. (I will restart the server tonight just to be sure though.)

Thanks for all the awesome input on this forum. It helped me fix my problem.

Quote: (Unfortunately I don't remember the original poster; sorry!)
OK guys... this thread has pretty much the complete solution in it. But only 1 person touched on it... that was epresley... here's the fix...

1. make sure your offline address book has been rebuilt.

2. right click on mailbox store, select properties... right on the first general screen in the middle, you have no offline address book selected... click browse, advanced, find now and select it...

3. MOST IMPORTANT! restart you information store service from services mmc console.

That's it.

(in reply to josephvi)
  Post #: 98
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 2.Mar.2005 6:59:00 PM   
Thanks to all for all the help with this error. I went through all the steps and nothing helped.

THIS did fix my problem though:

Go to Recipients>Offline Address List
Right click on Default Offline Address List and go to security.

Insure that all the domains and users are listed as having read/write/change permissions.

After making the permission change, the errors stopped! [Big Grin]

pedroman

(in reply to josephvi)
  Post #: 99
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 7.Mar.2005 2:55:00 AM   
I had the same problem with SBS 2003. Tried all the easy ones but nothing was working... I had to generate a new Guid and reset up the site folders. Thanks for the help for the person who posted that suggestion. Here is the link for how to do it in 2003 since that was in his post:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822444

Dave

(in reply to josephvi)
  Post #: 100

Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >> << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter