• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F)

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 9.Mar.2005 8:52:00 PM   
quote:
Originally posted by <N8Falter74>:
> This worked for me (Exchange 2003):
>
> Exchange System Manager:
> Goto Recipients->Offline Address Lists->Default > Offline Address list, right click and select
> rebuild.
>
> That's all. It works fine now.

This works under Exchenge 2000 as well
thanx

Hello,

Thanks you, this worked for me as well...

Pierre-Luc Moquin

(in reply to josephvi)
  Post #: 101
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 13.Mar.2005 6:22:00 PM   
Rebuild- Reconstruir.

A mi tambien me funciono.

Gracias. Thank U.

(in reply to josephvi)
  Post #: 102
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 1.Apr.2005 9:44:00 PM   
YES YES YES ! THIS WORKED! FINALLY!
---------------------------------------------

quote:
Originally posted by <nye>:
This is the solution that worked for me.

Right click Default Offline Address Book, properties, then see if there are any adress book listings inside (eg. Global List...), if none are in there, put some in (button Add) and that should work!

(in reply to josephvi)
  Post #: 103
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 2.Apr.2005 12:59:00 PM   
quote:
Originally posted by kintaro:
Does rebuilding the Offline Address Book require a restart? Can it be done in the middle of the day with all the users logged onto the network and Exchange?

kintaro

EDIT::::

Oh well, I just took the chance and did it. With about 15-20 addresses, it took about 2 seconds and did not require a restart and did not affect any user. It also took care of my problem.

Windows Server 2003
Exchange Server 2003
Office 2003

(in reply to josephvi)
  Post #: 104
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 7.Apr.2005 1:34:00 AM   
>Exchange System Manager:
>Goto Recipients->Offline Address Lists->Default >Offline Address list, right click and select rebuild.

Yep, this one worked for me.
SBS 2003 with Outlook 2003 Clients.

(in reply to josephvi)
  Post #: 105
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 11.Apr.2005 6:46:00 PM   
After removing a DC a while back, I found that my recipient update services were pointing to this defunct DC. After repointing and rebuilding these services everything worked fine.

ESM\Recipients\Recipients Update Services

(in reply to josephvi)
  Post #: 106
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 12.Apr.2005 11:07:00 AM   
quote:
Find the OAB Version 2, OAB Version 3a, and Offline Address Book from the Public Folder Instances panel.
3.Right-click on each these three folders, and then click Properties.
4.Click Replication, and then click Add.
5.Select the new server you want to replicate to.
6.Wait and check the Public Folder Instances panel on the new server to confirm those three folders have been replicated.

AAAaaa! I've 3 copies of OAB version 2 and 2 copies of OAB version 3a.

And in right panel there is message "Data not available" WTF??
[Confused]

Cheers
katan

(in reply to josephvi)
  Post #: 107
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 12.Apr.2005 11:42:00 AM   
quote:

2. right click on mailbox store, select properties... right on the first general screen in the middle, you have no offline address book selected... click browse, advanced, find now and select it...

3. MOST IMPORTANT! restart you information store service from services mmc

[Eek!] COOL! FINALLT WORKS! Thank you whoever you are [Big Grin]

(in reply to josephvi)
  Post #: 108
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 13.Apr.2005 2:10:00 AM   
quote:
Originally posted by JFMCSE:
After adding a new Exchange 2003 Standard Edition server to an existing Exchange Organization, I recieved the same error message.

"! Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server reported error (0x8004010f): 'The operation failed. An object could not be found.'"

The error was alleviated when I added the new Exchange Server to replication for the "Free/Busy," "OAB Version2," and the "Offline Address Book."

To make this change go to the following location in Exchange System Manager on the Exchange 2003 Server.

Administrative Groups>"Organization Name" >Servers> "Exchange 2003 Server">First Storage Group>Public Folder Store>Public Folder Instances

For each of the following Public Folders ensure that the newly added Exchange Server is added to the "Replication" tab by highlighting the Public Folder Instance, right clicking and selecting "Folder Properties."

OAB Version 2
Offline Address Book
Schedule+ Free Busy Information

Hope this helps.

I've checked this, the only one of these that exists in my organization is OAB Version 2. There's a OAB Version 3a. I've also tried turning off caching mode, and no synching of the address book. None of it helps. Do I need to create those public folders?

(in reply to josephvi)
  Post #: 109
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 13.Apr.2005 2:14:00 AM   
quote:
Originally posted by <sbohanan>:
quote:
Originally posted by JFMCSE:
After adding a new Exchange 2003 Standard Edition server to an existing Exchange Organization, I recieved the same error message.

"! Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server reported error (0x8004010f): 'The operation failed. An object could not be found.'"

The error was alleviated when I added the new Exchange Server to replication for the "Free/Busy," "OAB Version2," and the "Offline Address Book."

To make this change go to the following location in Exchange System Manager on the Exchange 2003 Server.

Administrative Groups>"Organization Name" >Servers> "Exchange 2003 Server">First Storage Group>Public Folder Store>Public Folder Instances

For each of the following Public Folders ensure that the newly added Exchange Server is added to the "Replication" tab by highlighting the Public Folder Instance, right clicking and selecting "Folder Properties."

OAB Version 2
Offline Address Book
Schedule+ Free Busy Information

Hope this helps.

I've checked this, the only one of these that exists in my organization is OAB Version 2. There's a OAB Version 3a. I've also tried turning off caching mode, and no synching of the address book. None of it helps. Do I need to create those public folders?
never mind... I missed going deeper into the forum...

(in reply to josephvi)
  Post #: 110
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 20.Apr.2005 4:25:00 PM   
jamestaylorasp

Change the 'tools>send/receive settings>define send receive groups>edit>account properties' put a check in the 'manually detect connection state' box.

(in reply to josephvi)
Post #: 111
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 27.Apr.2005 6:07:00 PM   
rrushing@djcon.com

Concerning Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2003:
I kept getting this error on my clients...tried many of these ideas, but when I unchecked under Send/Recieve the "Schedule an automatic send/receive every #minutes"...the message stopped. BUT....my emials still went in and out automatically. This is an Exchange server account, not POP3.

(in reply to josephvi)
Post #: 112
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 28.Apr.2005 5:42:00 PM   
coreydrysdale

Wow eh... I had another little issue that I had with one of my exchange servers... so I go browsing the internet. I found my answer, but noticed someone else on here had the same problem... this time I decided to create myself an account to post under. Once I was done posting... I am browsing around and I found this thread, which I had totally forgotten that I posted to once before... either way... for those of you who I helped... your welcome... I hope I can help some more... I think maybe I will become a little more active here... I love the fact that there is a thread with well over 100 replies in it and not a single flame, or off in left field off-topic comment.

Let's make our exchange servers run like dreams... we'll all sleep a little better.

Corey

(in reply to josephvi)
Post #: 113
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 28.Apr.2005 5:46:00 PM   
coreydrysdale

Oh... I forgot what I was originally going to add to this thread...

The people who are having errors with Free/Busy... there are 2 things to do here for this one...

1. Make sure you have the latest Office service pack.

2. Start Outlook manually (ie. Start -> Run) and use the /cleanfreebusy switch... so it would be "outlook.exe /cleanfreebusy". This will clean out and rebuild your free/busy info in you Exchange mailbox.

Corey

(in reply to josephvi)
Post #: 114
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 5.May2005 2:19:00 PM   
Entity777

Guys, don't know if this will help for the send?Receive 0X80004005 error, but Microsoft suggest here that you turn off "Enavble script debugging" in your Norton Antivirus.

See this: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;329936&Product=out2003

(in reply to josephvi)
Post #: 115
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 5.May2005 3:24:00 PM   
Hi,

I had the same problem on my laptop after upgrading to outlook 2003. I tried all the posts to no avail.

I managed to fix my problem from the client side by going into email accounts, view or change existing email accounts, then select the profile it is failing on and click change. At the bottom click more settings and then click on the advanced tab. at the bottom click on offline folder settings, from here click on disable offline use at the bottom. You will need to reboot outlook and this worked fine for me.

hope this helps

(in reply to josephvi)
  Post #: 116
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 6.May2005 9:04:00 PM   
jwolfer

For those of you who still have the problem...

I had the error too, and went through all of the hoops posted above. And while they are excellent advice... they skip over 1 important issue.

Your All Global Address Lists must have a "Default Global Address List" (the exact name is very imporant, unless you wanna hop into the ADSI and modify things on a complex level)

Also, be sure that your Offline Address List is configured to point to that "Default Global Address List".

That info, along with the other great advice above should fix 99% of problems.

Good luck!

(in reply to josephvi)
Post #: 117
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 7.May2005 7:32:00 PM   
cheers the rebuilding of the off line thingy worked

happy geeza

(in reply to josephvi)
  Post #: 118
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 9.May2005 4:49:00 PM   
Try to switch off the "cache exchange mode" option at the clients exchange account configuration!

(in reply to josephvi)
  Post #: 119
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 16.May2005 10:15:00 PM   
moparbay

Running a W2K Active directory, Single newly installed Excahge 2003 (Migrating from Lotus Domino)
Running Outlook 2003 on W2K on the client machines. the following worked to rectify the error:

Exchange System Manager:
Goto Recipients->Offline Address Lists->Default Offline Address list, right click and select rebuild.

thanks forum

(in reply to josephvi)
Post #: 120

Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >> << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter