• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F)

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 5.Jul.2005 11:32:00 AM   
ntwillie1

quote:
Originally posted by sheli:
Running Exch2k3 on Ent Server2k3. Clients are all XP, the ones with Sync errors are Outlook 2k3 (new install). Getting same error code Microsoft Exchange offline address book 0X8004010F. Also on the server, App Log, I get Error Event ID 8207 (MSExchangeFBPublish) Error updateing public folder with free-busy information on virtual machine... The error number is 0x80004005.

Tried the rebuild - did not help, Removed Address book from send/receive (Download offline address book). I don't have the option to add OAB Version2, Offline Address Book, or Schedule+ Free Busy Information under Replication/Folder Properties in EMS.

Anybody try anything else that works or is my only option to try to reset the site folder and hope that resolves both errors?

Thanks

i had same issue and the rebuild worked for me. good luck.

[ July 05, 2005, 11:33 AM: Message edited by: ntwillie1 ]

(in reply to josephvi)
Post #: 141
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 6.Jul.2005 8:37:00 AM   
GD

Hi!
This worked for me....

Rebuild an Offline Address List Manually
You can update offline address lists manually. For example, if you have just added new recipients to your organization and the offline address list schedule is configured to generate offline address lists once a week, you can manually generate offline address lists to include the new recipients.

To rebuild an offline address list manually:

Start System Manager: On the Start menu, point to Programs, point to Microsoft Exchange, and then click System Manager.
Cannot Start the Application
You can manually start the application by following these instructions: On the Start menu, point to Programs, point to Microsoft Exchange, and then click System Manager.
In the console tree, double-click Recipients, and then click Offline Address Lists.
In the details pane, right-click the offline address list you want to rebuild, and then click Rebuild.

(in reply to josephvi)
Post #: 142
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 7.Jul.2005 11:57:00 AM   
quote:
Originally posted by WeeManDK:
FINALLY! I resolved this issue on my own Exchange 2003 with 26 Clients, who all had the error.

Solution i used:

On your exchange server, browse to the following folder: C:\Program Files\exchsrvr\schema

Check if the folder "non_ipm_subtree" is created. If not, create it! And create a subfolder in the dir. called "schema".

After that, proceed with these steps:

1. make sure your offline address book has been rebuilt.

2. right click on mailbox store, select properties... right on the first general screen in the middle, you have no offline address book selected... click browse, advanced, find now and select it...

3. MOST IMPORTANT! restart you information store service from services mmc

I had tried everything, but only this worked! So make shure that folder is there, and it should work like a charm! [Smile]

WeeMan Out.

After trying every other solution, this one actually worked guess it must have been to do with creating the folder

cheers weeman

(in reply to josephvi)
  Post #: 143
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 7.Jul.2005 4:52:00 PM   
Delete the Default offline address book under Exchange and recreate it with the same name.
After recreating add the default offine address book to mailbox store. where :Mailbox properties-offline address book , browse and add the new one. Restart exchange, this worked for me.

(in reply to josephvi)
  Post #: 144
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 7.Jul.2005 5:06:00 PM   
Finally i managed to solve the problem.(0x8004010F Error)
Delete the Default offline address book under Exchange and recreate it with the same name.
After recreating add the default offine address book to mailbox store. where :Mailbox properties-offline address book , browse and add the new one.On exchange under offline address list click rebuilt .( Took about 4 hours for me to rebuilt)
Restart exchange, this worked for me.

(in reply to josephvi)
  Post #: 145
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 9.Jul.2005 10:36:00 AM   
>Check the following:
>Properties of mailbos store, general tab, Offline >Address Book. If there is noting there browse to >the default offline address list.

Thanks guys - this worked for me

Regards,

James Mayl

(in reply to josephvi)
  Post #: 146
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 14.Jul.2005 8:53:00 AM   
dsack

I think I tried everything above but here is what did it for me. We had just migrated off an existing Ex2K3 server to a new one (hardware upgrade) and were receiving the 0x8004010f error.

1) Turned Diagnostic logging to maximum on OAL Generator under MSExchangeSA on server.
2) Rebuilt Offline Address Book.
3) Checked Application log under Event Viewer.
4) Noticed rebuild failed right after

OALGen is attempting to create or open the sub folder 'OAB Version 3a' under the offline address list public folder '/o=XX/cn=addrlists/cn=oabs/cn=Default Offline Address List'.

5) Looked at properties of OAB Version 3a and found replication was not set.
6) Set replication.
7) Rebuilt address list.
8) Success!

Hope this helps

(in reply to josephvi)
Post #: 147
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 19.Jul.2005 2:26:00 PM   
Thank you very much, your suggestion below worked perfectly for me, instantly as well.

A.Salmon

quote:
Originally posted by <Psofimia>:
This worked for me (Exchange 2003):

Exchange System Manager:
Goto Recipients->Offline Address Lists->Default Offline Address list, right click and select rebuild.

That's all. It works fine now.

(in reply to josephvi)
  Post #: 148
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 27.Jul.2005 5:21:00 AM   
quote:
Originally posted by <McBeamish>:
quote:
Originally posted by <ITGenius>:

---------------------------------------------
OK guys... this thread has pretty much the complete solution in it. But only 1 person touched on it... that was epresley... here's the fix...

1. make sure your offline address book has been rebuilt.

2. right click on mailbox store, select properties... right on the first general screen in the middle, you have no offline address book selected... click browse, advanced, find now and select it...

3. MOST IMPORTANT! restart you information store service from services mmc console.

That's it.
---------------------------------------------

Corey you're a star!
I'd tried all of these things and more as they'd been mentioned in previous posts, just not in this order. Did as you said and it sorted mine right out.
Thanks again.....

What is the Services MMC console and where is it? i have seen an information store once upon a time but have no idea where it is
This worked for me. Running W2K with Exch2K.

(in reply to josephvi)
  Post #: 149
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 27.Jul.2005 12:47:00 PM   
zeffer111

This seems to be one hell of an problem.. with many possible solustions. I tried almost all of the above suggestions to no avail, what did work was this.

1. Copy all the public folder data into PST by using Outlook (Not a problem
for me, because I only have 2 public folders for schedules, and 3 public
folders for contacts that no one has ever used).
2. Stop Exchange
3. Rename the pub1.edb and pub1.stm to a different name, just in case
4. Start Exchange, and let it make a new pub1.edb and pub1.stm
5. Copy back from PST

I'm not taking credit for this, I found it here:
http://groups.google.ca/group/microsoft.public.exchange.admin/browse_thread/thread/fb8a5e327de3cd31/a228879f04323dff?lnk=st&q=0x80040e19+event&rnum=6&hl=en#a228879f04323dff

(in reply to josephvi)
Post #: 150
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 7.Aug.2005 12:39:00 PM   
quote:
Originally posted by <Dade_8>:
I had this problem too and found that by going into Exchange System Manager, right click on the Mailbox Store and Define the Offline Address Book, this resolved the problems that I was having.

this worked for me

(in reply to josephvi)
  Post #: 151
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 9.Aug.2005 12:49:00 PM   
Cruizectrl

Sounds like a widespread problem here. I think I've got myself in a fix. Nothing too bad. But when browsing around to find a solution for this. I ran into:

1. Delete the All Address Lists Container.
2. Rerun ForestPrep (This will recreate the All Address Lists Container.)
3. Create a new Address List
4. Create a new offline address list that uses the new address list.
5. Rebuild the Offline Address List.

Only problem is, after deleting the container I realized that my SBS2003 doesn't have forestprep, and it doesn't even seem like it would work, but I was running out of options. I've rebuild the OAB and still the same (OALGen encountered error 8004010f) error gets logged.

First things first.. How do I get that container back {ACK!}

(in reply to josephvi)
Post #: 152
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 10.Aug.2005 3:41:00 AM   
FYI my mail client failed to send or receive but did so silently. I had to enable the log file and found the 0x8004010f there. Prompted by the various resolutions in this message I *enabled* 'Download OAB' in the Tools/SendReceive settings/define sendrec groups...edit page (why is it necessary to have such obfuscated menus?) and synchronised. It fixed it.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

(in reply to josephvi)
  Post #: 153
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 10.Aug.2005 5:54:00 AM   
fbernaus

Thank you so much Gokou, after trying almost all of the suggestions on this topic, finally your answer fixed my problem.

Fermin, Spain.

(in reply to josephvi)
Post #: 154
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 10.Aug.2005 5:56:00 AM   
fbernaus

Thank you so much Gokou, after trying almost all of the suggestions on this topic, finally your answer fixed my problem.

Fermin, Spain.

quote:
Originally posted by <Gokou>:
I was getting the same error and was able to resolve it. Going back to the 'Default Offline Address List', I went to the properties and actually browsed for my 'offline address list server'. Though it appeared to put the exact same name back in, this resolved the problem for me... just something else to possibly try.

good luck to you all

(in reply to josephvi)
Post #: 155
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 10.Aug.2005 5:33:00 PM   
1)we created new offline address list by selecting following options

From ESM go to Recipients->offline address list->(right click offline address list) new -> Offline address list-> Give any name & select server ->click next->click next ->click Finish.

2)We changed maintenance interval of public folder store to always from the following location

From ESM go to Public store -> Right click->properties-> Database -> Select custom schedule to always for maintenance interval

3)We rebuilded newly created offline address list from the following location

From ESM Go to recipients->offline address list-> (In the rightpane) right-click newly created offline address list -> click on rebuild

4)We dismounted & mounted public store

5) We then confirmed the entry of newly created offline address list in the system folder from the following location

From ESM go to folders-> Public folder -> Right-click & select view system folder ->Expand OFFLINE ADDRESS BOOK , we confirmed entry was created for newly created offline address book, we also checked for OAB version 2 & OAB Version 3a sub-folders below newly created offline address list folder.

6) We finally pointed our mailbox store to point to newly created offline address list from the following location

From ESM go to Mailbox store-> Right click->Properties-> in the offline address list field , selected newly created offline address list.

(in reply to josephvi)
  Post #: 156
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 12.Aug.2005 2:28:00 PM   
This worked for me (Exchange 2003):

Exchange System Manager:
Goto Recipients->Offline Address Lists->Default Offline Address list, right click and select rebuild.

I did all this and the following: and it fixed the error

under the routing groups>>first routing group>>members>> I made the new 2003 exchange server master. Also under the Recipient Update Services, Offline address lists, and Offline Address List I made sure the new 2003 exchange server was the listed DC. And last but not least on the Offline Address list i check the properties for Exchange 4.0 and 5.0 Compatiblity. And then after I clicked ok I right clicked on the Default Offline address List and went to all tasks and checked "set as new default" even though it was already checked. Seemed to fix the prob.

(in reply to josephvi)
  Post #: 157
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 12.Aug.2005 5:20:00 PM   
Cruizectrl

Alright.. About a month ago, new users were not showing up in the global list. I heard the fix for this was disable cached mode for all the 2003 clients. Okay, done, and it worked. But then that made everything slow as molassas. So the more tinkering I did, the more screwed up things got.

Now, all my users get a 8004010f error each send/recieve. On top of that my server logs events 9334 and 9330 specifying a problem with initializing and no offline books have been created.

I check the global address lists propeties and do a "PREVIEW" and see all of the users that need to be in there.

I've tried creating a new global book and offline book (setting it to default as well). Reset the infomation service and still.. same thing.. errors on outlook sync, and the OALGen errors in event log.

EEeeeek!

(in reply to josephvi)
Post #: 158
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 15.Aug.2005 1:18:00 PM   
LeslieAsher

After clicking "Send/Receive" in Outlook 2003, users we were receiving error "8004010f" from our Exchange Server 2003, which runs on a Windows Server 2003 domain controller.

We first noticed this problem after configuring Outlook 2003 to "Use Cached Exchange Mode". *

The solution for us was to follow the steps below that a Microsoft representative e-mailed to us:

1. Stop the MSExchangeIS.

2. Stop the MSExchangeSA.

3. Clear out the application log.

4. Open %SystemRoot%\system32\mapisvc.inf

5. Search for the [MSEMS_DSA_ADMIN] section.

6. Look for the following attribute -> 6603001F = Some Server name and delete this entry.

NOTE: There will be two entries (6603001F & 6603001E). DO NOT DELETE ---> 6603001E.

7. Restart the MSExchangeSA.

8. Restart the MSExchangeIS.

9. Regenerate the Offline Address list.

10. Check the application log to make sure that Offline Address List generation has processed.

11. View the Exchange System Folders and under Offline Address List verify that you can see the OAB Version 2 folder & also OAB Version 3a.

The problem has recurred a couple times, for reasons we don't understand, but repeating the above steps has again made the "8004010f" errors go away.

-------------------------

* Turning on Cached Exchange Mode enables our GFi MailEssentials program to do Bayesian analysis and to send suspicious messages to Outlook "Junk E-Mail" folders.

(in reply to josephvi)
Post #: 159
RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) - 16.Aug.2005 12:54:00 PM   
Cruizectrl

Fantastic. As soon as ran throught those steps and brought the services online I rebuilt the OAB in the exchange SM and 2 events were logged but they were warnings instead of the usual OABgen errors. The client messages are gone and outlook runs like a dream back in cached mode. It took about 2 minutes of downtime to do the edit. I ran through about 5 differant solutions and this is the only thing that worked!

Rock on with your bad self and thanks again for the fix!

(in reply to josephvi)
Post #: 160

Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >> << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> RE: Exchange Server Reported Error (0x8004010F) Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter