• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Exchange Server 2003 setup advice

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Exchange Server 2003 setup advice Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exchange Server 2003 setup advice - 19.Mar.2004 10:38:00 PM   
MBIstephen

You know, I really don't get what Microsoft expects a small company to do.

Based on everything I have read so far, MS basically wants me to replace my Cisco PIX 515E and install ISA Server 2000 on a dual homed server (that I don't have), run two instances of Exchange, (front end/back end servers), and drink the kool-aide.

It's unbelievable.

What I have is a very robust server for exchange and rock solid PIX 515E with 6 nics in it.

I had planned on running a qmail gateway in the DMZ and forwarding it to the Exchange Server. But this is before I found out that everyone is going to want to do RPC over SSL and active-sync over the internet (thanks again MS 8-)

so now, I have no idea what to do. It looks like to me I basically have no choice. I need to forget the qmail gateway and run a front end server in my DMZ and use that for my SMTP gatway as well.

Please PLEASE anyone out there with a PIX, give me a shove in the right direction here. We are 26 people, I can't just go buy two more servers for ISA and Exchange...
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Exchange Server 2003 setup advice Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter