• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Exchange 2003 servers don't appear in Exchange 5.5 Admin

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Exchange 2003 servers don't appear in Exchange 5.5 Admin Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exchange 2003 servers don't appear in Exchange 5.5 Admin - 29.Mar.2004 7:01:00 AM   
pearsondan99

Hi all,

Ok situation: migration from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003 post ad 2003 migration

Infrastructure: 1 x Exchange 5.5 sp4 server running IMS 2 x Exchange 2003 servers (one of which is a cluster)

Steps taken: after the AD migration, setup ADC 2003 on one of the DC's ran the steps wizards, all good apart from an error message saying replication had not yet completed. Ok forced replication this time everything ok.

Setup exchange 2003 std on the first server (after forestprep/domainprep) ran setup no dramas.

Setup the exchange 2003 cluster on the two nodes, no dramas

Opened up ESM on the ex 2003 servers can see the ex5.5 server fine, although messages are getting stuck in the MTA x400 queue in a "retry" state.

Went into ex 5.5 admin, can't see the two new exchange 2003 servers at all! tried mailbox move from ex5.5 to ex2003 got a failure, did a search on the error message found it was down to permissions ex5.5 side, fixed that mailboxes now move ok, but still can't send internal messages between old and new server they simply get stuck in the MTA queue??? and the exchange 2003 servers still don't show up

I ve recreated the ADC connections and forced replication but to no avail

Any thoughts would be appriciated

Thanks in advance

Dan Pearson
Post #: 1
RE: Exchange 2003 servers don't appear in Exchange 5.5 ... - 29.Mar.2004 6:08:00 PM   
Velocat

Hi Dan,

Is the ADC verification step # 4 running to completion, or are you still getting the error message saying replication had not yet completed?

(in reply to pearsondan99)
Post #: 2
RE: Exchange 2003 servers don't appear in Exchange 5.5 ... - 30.Mar.2004 3:00:00 AM   
pearsondan99

Yes I am getting that error message you mentioned when running step four about replication not being complete, I am assuming you have seen this before and have a work around?? (here's hoping!)

Thanks in advance

Dan

Post #: 3
RE: Exchange 2003 servers don't appear in Exchange 5.5 ... - 30.Mar.2004 7:17:00 PM   
Velocat

Hi again Dan,

I would check three things:

1.) Make sure your running the ADC install as a user with "Service Account Admin" privlidges in Exchange 5.5 at the ORG, SITE and CONFIGURATION container levels...if not, give the user that level of permissions on those containers.

2.) Make sure you running the ADC install as a user which is part of the "Schema Administrators", "Enterprise Administrators" and "Domain Administrators" .
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;253286

3.) When running the ADC and creating the connection agreement try selecting the top level container to take updates from.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Post #: 4
RE: Exchange 2003 servers don't appear in Exchange 5.5 ... - 31.Mar.2004 11:39:00 PM   
pearsondan99

Hi,

Sorry I didnt get back 2 u sooner, I checked out the permissions at org, site and server they are fine. change the ca to replicate from the org level still no luck...

I ve also noticed that in the gwart0.mta there is no record of the other exchange servers period. So I am assuming that during the exchange 2003 setup nothing was added the the 5.5 servers directory database, all I need to do is get the MTA's talking so the internal users can route between each other, do you think manually editing the gwart would be an option?

Thanks in advance

Dan Pearson

Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Exchange 2003 servers don't appear in Exchange 5.5 Admin Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter