• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

How to show multiple DNS extensions in Exchange.

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> How to show multiple DNS extensions in Exchange. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to show multiple DNS extensions in Exchange. - 27.Apr.2004 8:30:00 AM   
Timmah

Well, I have bitten off more than I can chew but here goes... I have maintained two servers for my small company since NT3.5; one is a webserver and the other is a mail server. I have always used Sendmail for Windows but recently I decided to upgrade my email server from Server 2000 to Server 2003 and Exchange 2003.
In Sendmail, I was able to use the DNS domain name for the few people that use it to host their email extensions even though people were still sending thru my DNS name. I setup the DNS using the DNS in Windows for the 5 domains that I manage but I'm not sure how to allow them to continue using their domain names for @whatever.com for their email. I see in the "add User" in the drop down menu, but the only available one is my DC name, @myname.com. I would like to be able to choose from all 5 domain names but am unsure as to how to set this up. I am 2 weeks into my configuration and all the tests are working fine but I need direction in how to proceed from here. Any help will be much appreciated. Tim.
Post #: 1
RE: How to show multiple DNS extensions in Exchange. - 27.Apr.2004 8:33:00 PM   
exchparesh

Hello Tim,

What I could understood is you need all users to have a their SMTP address to point at different domain.

In exchange 2000 and exchange 2003 you need to do following.

1) Open Exchange System Manager
2) Drill down to Recipient Policies
3) Right click and select new receipient policy
4) Check Email Addresses
5) On Email addresses click on SMTP and choose
edit to make changes as you want.
6) On general tab click on modify to select users, for whom this policy applies click on OK.
7) then under Recipient Update service right click both policies and choose update now to update their DNS names.

Hope this resolves your query.

Feel free to contact me

Regards,
Paresh Dalvi

(in reply to Timmah)
Post #: 2
RE: How to show multiple DNS extensions in Exchange. - 27.Apr.2004 9:59:00 PM   
Timmah

Hi Paresh,

This is about the DNS extension names.
You have me heading in right area but I am not explaining problem very well, please let me try again.

I have set up my mail server now with Exchange and it uses the DC (mydomain.com) for all created email accounts. All my email accounts when added use my "@mydomain.com" extension. Because I house 5 websites and manage there DNS I was able thru Sendmail to put there domain extension (@theirdomain.com ) for there email. I am there email server and they would like there email to reflect their company domain website .

They would like there email address to be exmaple

"Paresh@theredomainname.com" instead of
"Raresh@mydomainname.com"

If you look at the menu when you add a new user on the Exchange server, there is a drop down menu arrow just to the right of where you add "user login name" on Account tab.

Sorry my poor explaining of problem and again thanks for you quick response, Tim

(in reply to Timmah)
Post #: 3
RE: How to show multiple DNS extensions in Exchange. - 28.Apr.2004 12:05:00 AM   
Timmah

Maybe I have found what I am looking for!

Quick follow up on my last posting. Looking thru my 5 inch thick Server 2003 book I ran across UPN suffix's. This sounds like what I need but would like someones understanding and expert option. Thanks Tim

(in reply to Timmah)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> How to show multiple DNS extensions in Exchange. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter