• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Help! MSExchangeDSAccess

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Help! MSExchangeDSAccess Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Help! MSExchangeDSAccess - 11.Jun.2004 10:56:00 PM   
Hi All,

I am having intermittant mail delivery. Fortunately nothing is lost but delivery is affected. Here is the error from event viewer;

"Event ID 2102: Process MAD.EXE (PID=376). All Domain Controller Servers in use are not responding:
myserver.MYDOMAIN.local"

What is also funny is that exchange server can't ping the domain controller either. I can ping other servers and workstations in the LAN with the exception of the domain controller. I can also ping exchange server with no problem from any other workstation or server.

Any help would be appreciated.
  Post #: 1
RE: Help! MSExchangeDSAccess - 13.Jun.2004 12:16:00 AM   
crystalfusion

I would check the switch settings as well as the NIC settings (both Servers). Oh and check the GATEWAYS. Make sure they are the same as others if your going over a VPN or through some sort of GATEWAY. This could even be a bad network cable or something.

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 2
RE: Help! MSExchangeDSAccess - 23.Jun.2004 10:02:00 AM   
eeandf

I am having the same problem: I have installed exchange and keep on getting MSExchangeDSAccess error in the event log."Process MD.EXE (PID=1700). All Global Catalog servers in use are not responding:servername.domain.local.
I've run policytest finds the Rights.
I have also checked the Global catalog server- it is avaible. I have double check my settings with Microsoft article 328662
Any ideas.
PS: I have exchange in a frontend and backend setup
I would like to add: my servers have 2 NICs each. In my other test environment, servers had only one NIC and ran with no problem. I have made changes as needed when you install sp1 on a server with 2G and Above Ram.
OWA is not working when I get that error message. If I stop services and reboot exchange server, OWA works for a couple of hours then I get the above error message in the event log.

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 3
RE: Help! MSExchangeDSAccess - 27.Jun.2004 2:08:00 AM   
stever

I am having the same problem and have two nics on the exchange server.

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 4
RE: Help! MSExchangeDSAccess - 27.Jun.2004 2:26:00 AM   
stever

in order to get this to work I have the first nic on a 192net with no gateway for the lan side going into a lan switch and the second nic with 10net with the gw to the firewall. the dc and the exchange server are both running dual nics. the 10net nics are plugged into a small switch which is plugged into the firewall. ports on the firewall that are open for incoming are http,mail,pop3,ldap all pointing to the exch 10net nic. LDAP NEEDS TO BE ENABLED IN ORDER TO PREVENT THIS ERROR. hope this helps!

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 5
RE: Help! MSExchangeDSAccess - 27.May2007 11:05:15 PM   
kerpau

Make sure your NIC bindings are in order if either of the networks are isolated from Active Directory.
http://kerpau.net/all-global-catalog-servers-in-use-are-not-responding-on-exchange-server-2003/

(in reply to stever)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Help! MSExchangeDSAccess Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter