IMAP QUESTION DOES IT NEED MX CHANGE? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation

ykchu -> IMAP QUESTION DOES IT NEED MX CHANGE? (30.Jul.2004 3:01:00 AM)

hi guys i was trying to throw up my own exchange server but i can't get the imap to work it keeps says connection refuse. i dmz my whole computer just to make sure its nto a port problem and i have no firewall installed. Do i need to have the max record point to my domain to get imap to work? i know you need to do this with smtp. HELP PLEASE

Henrik Walther -> RE: IMAP QUESTION DOES IT NEED MX CHANGE? (30.Jul.2004 10:37:00 AM)

For testing purposes you could also just specify the public IP address of the server or the router which maybe forwards port 143/TCP to the Exchange Server's private IP address.

mark@mvps.org -> RE: IMAP QUESTION DOES IT NEED MX CHANGE? (30.Jul.2004 2:27:00 PM)

You don't need an MX record for client access, which is what POP and IMAP is.
As for the specifics of the connection, refer to Henricks post.

ykchu -> RE: IMAP QUESTION DOES IT NEED MX CHANGE? (30.Jul.2004 11:55:00 PM)

i've actually done that and it still doesn't work any other ideas?

ykchu -> RE: IMAP QUESTION DOES IT NEED MX CHANGE? (31.Jul.2004 12:46:00 AM)

my outlook also get this error "Task 'Checking for new mail in subscribed folders on 192.168.0.213.' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : ' Outlook is unable to down folder (null) from IMAP e-mail ...... and it goes on

ykchu -> RE: IMAP QUESTION DOES IT NEED MX CHANGE? (31.Jul.2004 2:34:00 AM)

ok i think i'm actually able to log in but when i try to send an email via imap it says my connection is interuppted

Page: [1]