• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Multiple Site Installation

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Multiple Site Installation Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Multiple Site Installation - 17.Aug.2004 11:19:00 AM   
andystobbie

I need ti install Exchange 2003 at a user with 5 sites. Current email Gordano NT Mail, linked to Outlook. Because of their fears about connection reliability (despite a frame relay and ADSL) they want a server in Leeds and one in Manchester. I believe it is not recommended to cluster across multiple sites, so is it better to have the 2 servers in 1 routing group which will then have separate users, and in the event of 1 server going down, how much is involved to transfer its accounts to the other server? Does anyone have experience of the traffic between routing group servers?
Post #: 1
RE: Multiple Site Installation - 17.Aug.2004 4:12:00 PM   
mark@mvps.org

The placement of Routing Groups is down to environment complexity as much as bandwidth, but it sounds like you might as well just have the one RG.

If you lose one server you would have quite a bit of work involved in reconfiguring the clients and connectivity to the new system. It would take you longer to reconfigure than it would to build a new server with dial-tone databases and then RSG the mail back into the stores.

(in reply to andystobbie)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Multiple Site Installation Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter