• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Outlook losing email and crashing

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Outlook losing email and crashing Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Outlook losing email and crashing - 4.Oct.2004 8:43:00 PM   
9milbill

I installed E2003 over W2003, fully SP and patches, installed OK. I added 2 users with mailboxes, joined their PCs to the domain and changed each Outlook from Internet to corporate email using the reconfig option. Worked ok.

Then for user A on a W98 pc with Outlook2000 I imported the previously saved pst, and all was well.

Did the same for user B and it imported all the mail folders, but not the inbox. Imported it separately and it loaded everything twice....

And then each email slowly disappeared. Spooky.

I sent it a test message which it recieved OK, and then it too disappeared. No anti spam systems in place. And Outlook keeps crashing

Anyone got an idea what's going on?

TIA Stephen
Post #: 1
RE: Outlook losing email and crashing - 6.Oct.2004 2:42:00 PM   
mark@mvps.org

If the mail is slowly dissapearing it sounds like you've still got the mail configured to deliver to PST file rather than the mailbox.

(in reply to 9milbill)
Post #: 2
RE: Outlook losing email and crashing - 11.Oct.2004 1:10:00 AM   
9milbill

Mark, thanks for this. I changed the settings and it seemed to work, but the crashing continued, so I reinstalled Office and it's worked fine since.

Many thanks

(in reply to 9milbill)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Outlook losing email and crashing Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter