users cannot retrieve mails from the server (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation

ayomajek -> users cannot retrieve mails from the server (3.Nov.2004 9:16:00 AM)

Hi all,i cannot get users to get thier mails from the server.The server is an SBS 2003 with ISA server installed.Users can send and recieve internally,send externally but cannot receive external mails,the external mails comes in but sits in user's mailbox on the Server.Can anyone shed more light on such situation?

MSRyman -> RE: users cannot retrieve mails from the server (3.Nov.2004 9:23:00 AM)

what do you mean by sits in the users mailbox? If it makes it there they have it.

check out this article but I bet the problem is with your protocol rules. Just guessing

MSRyman -> RE: users cannot retrieve mails from the server (3.Nov.2004 9:24:00 AM)

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;311237

also check http://isaserver.org

ayomajek -> RE: users cannot retrieve mails from the server (3.Nov.2004 10:38:00 AM)

Thanks Pal for your swift response.What i mean by "mails sits in user's mailbox" is that when u send an external mail to the user's address, there will be an increment of mail on the mailbox on the server and when the user clicks on send/receive on his machine.No errors but the mail does not appear in his outlook inbox.

MSRyman -> RE: users cannot retrieve mails from the server (3.Nov.2004 8:46:00 PM)

what is the users address (you can e-mail me directly for privacy if desired ryan@msryman.com) and I will test from here and tell you what the deal is. If you don't feel comfortable with this then what you need to from external source do a telnet session to external ip of your Org on port 25 and do the following when you get the ESMTP banner

helo
mail from:anyuser@anydomain.com
rcpt to:youruser@yourdomain.com
data
subject:test test please delete or whatever here
quit

after you type the "." it will send your message but in your case should give NDR code which should tell you your problem

richyta -> RE: users cannot retrieve mails from the server (6.Nov.2004 1:37:00 AM)

You might want to check the users mailbox to see if the hit the 2.1 gb limit on there outlook. If that limit is reached email comming in will stop recieving.

quote:
Originally posted by ayomajek:
Thanks Pal for your swift response.What i mean by "mails sits in user's mailbox" is that when u send an external mail to the user's address, there will be an increment of mail on the mailbox on the server and when the user clicks on send/receive on his machine.No errors but the mail does not appear in his outlook inbox.

Page: [1]