• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Creating A Child Domain

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Creating A Child Domain Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Creating A Child Domain - 7.Nov.2004 4:14:00 PM   
poweredge2000

Hi Everyone

Please I need you guys to help me solve this problem. I have setup a network that will have two sites. The first site is the root domain while the second site will be a child domain. What do I need to be in place to setup the child domain. The first site has an IP address of 192.168.4.1-192.168.4.254 and the second site will have an IP address of 192.168.5.1-192.168.5.254. My biggest concern right now is when setting up the child domain I need it to contact the root domain. All this I am doing using Active Directory. What do I need to achieve all this. Please help. Thanks.

Poweredge
Post #: 1
RE: Creating A Child Domain - 7.Nov.2004 5:04:00 PM   
Henrik Walther

When you got your child domain settled just select to install Exchange 2003 into your current Exchange organization, but remember to prepare the child domain by running Exchange DomainPrep.

When Exchange has been installed you will need to create a RUS (Recipient Update Service) between the root domain and the child domain (done in the System Manager).

(in reply to poweredge2000)
Post #: 2
RE: Creating A Child Domain - 8.Nov.2004 12:24:00 PM   
poweredge2000

My Problem now is how do I setup the the child domain. I already have have the root domain up and running. I want to setup the the child in another site. Also do I need to install another Exchange server on the child domain? Please I need a detail step by step setup guide. The exchange server, will it be another license of exchange server or use the same exchange CD I used for the root domain? Please I need help. Thank you for your help.

(in reply to poweredge2000)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Creating A Child Domain Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter