• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Exchange 2003 install, migration from other server, and a whole host of problems

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Exchange 2003 install, migration from other server, and a whole host of problems Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exchange 2003 install, migration from other server, and... - 9.Dec.2004 12:53:00 AM   
Padlock

I'm currently in the process of setting up a new server for a client. The server is going to handle file sharing, Exchange, and a few other things. Having no real issues getting my VPN up and going and all that fun stuff, the problem is lying with Exchange. The server itself is running Windows Server 2003.

I'm pretty new to Exchange, and am having problems right off the get go. In the long run, the information will be migrated off of the clients current offsite servers onto this one. My biggest issue is Exchange is not working right off the bat.

After initially installing Exchange, everything seemed fine. But after installing the service pack for it, I'm not quite sure what happened. At first I couldn't even access the System Manager. I took care of that, and then all the services started failing. After some research into it, it seemed the best solution was to re-install. But I can't uninstall it. It gives this error on an attempt to un-install:
Setup failed while installing sub-component Exchange Activesync with error code 0x80005000 (please consult the installation logs for a detailed description). You may cancel the installation or try the failed step again.
Retrying has no effect.
If I hit cancel, I get the following error:
Setup failed while installing sub-componet Microsoft Exchange OMA Browse with error code 0x800050000 (etc,etc)

If I attempt to re-install, I am greeted by a prompt asking me to type the name of any online server in the site. Exchange 5.5 Server Name:

I have found online documention already on manually uninstalling Exchange, but this has had no profound effect on the problem.

Any help would be beyond greatly appreciated. The server is already completey set up for everything except for Exchange 2003 at this point.
Post #: 1
RE: Exchange 2003 install, migration from other server,... - 9.Dec.2004 1:59:00 PM   
pjhutch

Check out:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;820118
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;833396
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;273478

(in reply to Padlock)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Exchange 2003 install, migration from other server, and a whole host of problems Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter