• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

mangled attributes

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> mangled attributes Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
mangled attributes - 21.Jan.2005 4:27:00 PM   
manoa115

I am following one of the article listed on this site, "Step-by-Step: Migrating E2K To E2K3 Using New Hardware. I am at step one where it tells you to begin with MS article 314649. I followed the step in creating the Inetpersonprevent.ldf script and ran it on the Schema Master with schema updates enabled on this DC. Upon the completion of the script, the idif.log tells me it wa successful in making the modification. However, when I used the ADSI edit tool to verify, the three attributes remained the same. One person told me to try running the script with a blank line after the "-" and one without the blank line. Another suggestion I got was to make the change directly using the ADSI edit tool. Have anyone use the ADSI edit tool to make the change and if so were there any problems. Also, would there be a problem running the Inetpersonprevent.ldf multiple times.
Post #: 1
RE: mangled attributes - 23.Jan.2005 9:47:00 PM   
rytmehans

Hi,

I normally use adsiedit to make these changes as I find it much easier once one knows what the script is supposed to do. There is no harm in running the script multiple times as all it should do is to rename the display names of some exchange attributes.

(in reply to manoa115)
Post #: 2
RE: mangled attributes - 25.Jan.2005 3:09:00 PM   
manoa115

The three attributes mentioned in this article are: CN=ms-Exch-Assistance-Name, CN=ms-Exch-LabeledURI and CN=ms-Exch-House-Identifier. Using the ADSI edit, it looks like all I have to do is remove the hypen from these three attributes. When I launch the ADSI edit, I have three containers: Domain NC, Configuration Container and Schema. Expanding the Schema container, I get CN=Schema, CN=Configuration, DC=Domain, DC=ORG. Under this tree on the right panel I have located the three attributes in question. Is this the only location that the three attibutes resides. Is there any other containters that house these three attributes.

(in reply to manoa115)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> mangled attributes Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter