• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Primary email address not 'taking'

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Primary email address not 'taking' Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Primary email address not 'taking' - 18.Feb.2005 1:44:00 PM   
9milbill

SBS2003 fully patched.
Incoming email not being delivered to user where user has more than one email address. Recipient pol looks ok.
User logs on as domain Joe but his email addres is sales@domain.com. I set sales as his primary address and delete Joe, but Joe reappears later.

Email to Joe bounces 'unknown name' - correct, but email to sales not getting through. Check Joe's details and Joe@ has reappeared.

What have I failed to do?

TIA

Stephen
Post #: 1
RE: Primary email address not 'taking' - 21.Feb.2005 3:54:00 PM   
neilho

If the recipient policy covers all SMTP domain names in use, then mail should be delivered.

The reason the addresses are switching back is probably due to the fact that the RUS is re-stamping the objects. Check the properties of the user account in ADUC: look on the E-Mail Addresses tab of the user, and you'll see a tick box at the bottom which allows the RUS to control addresses (I can't remember the exact name of the tick box). Remove this and your custom changes should stick.

(in reply to 9milbill)
Post #: 2
RE: Primary email address not 'taking' - 22.Feb.2005 8:51:00 PM   
9milbill

Neil, Thanks for this. I found that domain.local was set in Recipient Policy. Once I'd removed this the problem went away.

Many thanks

Stephen

(in reply to 9milbill)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Primary email address not 'taking' Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter