• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Exchange 2003 Server connected to DMZ and Internal Network

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Exchange 2003 Server connected to DMZ and Internal Network Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exchange 2003 Server connected to DMZ and Internal Network - 1.Mar.2005 10:08:00 PM   
deugea

Ok here is my problem. I have one Exchange 2003 server, it has two network interfaces. One interface is connected to the DMZ with an IP of 192.168.1.6/30 gateway of 192.168.1.5 (which is our firewall's interface). The other interface is connected to my server farm network, with an ip address of 10.10.10.20/24 gateway of 10.10.10.60 (which is my W2K3 AD Server which has WINS, DNS, and Routing running on it, the W2K3 Server is also dual-homed, one NIC in the Server Farm and one NIC in the User network). I want Outlook to connect to the server via the Server Farm network, right now i can ping the server from the user network. Here is my problem, when ever i try to bring up Exchange setup this way, the System Attendant Starts and then Stops immediately. I change the Exchange server so it is only connected to the user network with a valid user network ip and everything works fine. What am i doing wrong or what do i need to do to have the server this way.
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Exchange 2003 Server connected to DMZ and Internal Network Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter