Excahnge 2003 Cluster with seperate Standby server (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation

WrathyImp -> Excahnge 2003 Cluster with seperate Standby server (2.Mar.2005 9:45:00 AM)

I have a two node cluster setup for exchagne 2003 connected to RAID, for disaster plan, we comeup to setup a standby server. An seperate box out off cluster. the main objective is to use it when there is disaster on hte cluster. so this will be having the replicated data of the exchange server.

I have came acroos Legato co-standby server, but i want so alternative, coz this is an EMC solution, which is expensive for our organization.

So how to i setup this server, or where can is find articles and guides on this issue, on how to replicate exchange data to a seperate server, and manage the nameing convention of the server, etc.

Thanx

mark@mvps.org -> RE: Excahnge 2003 Cluster with seperate Standby server (2.Mar.2005 8:44:00 PM)

If I were using an EMC SAN then I'd be bringing in two independent servers (not clusters) and using Boot Off SAN for the OS.

If disaster struck you would simply boot this standby box off the original LUN.

If you need to replicate the data then EMC offer perfectly good SAN replication facilities, either to an on site replica or over fibre to an alternative site.

None of this is an Exchange question when you look at this from an infrastructure Point of View.

WrathyImp -> RE: Excahnge 2003 Cluster with seperate Standby server (13.Mar.2005 10:13:00 AM)

Can i configure Exchange with FE/BE scenario. As i can use the standby server as FE and my exchange cluster as BE.
Or just an Standby server with exchagne data replication?

Page: [1]