• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

forestprep not working

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> forestprep not working Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
forestprep not working - 21.Apr.2005 7:20:00 PM   
taws

Hi there,

We basically have a windows 2000 DC, and a windows 2003 member server.

I've tried running forestprep on the member server and it hasn't added the extra tabs in active directory users and computers.

So I continued with the install hoping they would appear soon, but they haven't. There aren't any error messages displayed anywhere, and the event viewer claims it was installed okay.

I've tried running forestprep on the DC itself, and that hasn't worked.

I've checked all the "common" problems (dns, "Schema Update Allowed" in the registry and so on).

Any ideas??

Sunin
Post #: 1
RE: forestprep not working - 21.Apr.2005 8:33:00 PM   
gstar1703

Hmmmm, I have just had the same problem after uninstalling Exchange 2003 & trying to reinstall 5 times.

I eventually used the ADSIEDIT tool from the resource kit to completely remove the previous version & it seems OK at the moment. ForestPrep worked and I now have an Exchange installation again. I would try & remove all instances of Exchnage from AD (if any!)& run again.

Also try D:\Exchange\setup /removeorg where D is your CD Drive.
Just my two pence worth!
G

(in reply to taws)
Post #: 2
RE: forestprep not working - 21.Apr.2005 9:12:00 PM   
ScottyFryer

The extra tabs are only available on any server with exchange system manager installed. If you view the user within ADUC within the Exchange server you should see the extra tabs, but if you look at the user on your DC without System Manager installed you will not see the tabs.

(in reply to taws)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> forestprep not working Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter