Uninstalling/Re-installing Exchange (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation

ag28com -> Uninstalling/Re-installing Exchange (23.Apr.2005 5:58:00 AM)

I am uninstalling Exchange 2003 and re-installing it as the domain name has been set incorrectly/ The domain was set to .local, when it should have been created as .com (the Exchange Server is also The Domain Controller).

Does anyone have any tips (having done this before) or links to any documents that might help this run smoothly? Also does the uninstall routine in the CD setup program remove every trace effectively. Will I also need to run the prep tools first again?

Henrik Walther -> RE: Uninstalling/Re-installing Exchange (23.Apr.2005 9:44:00 AM)

If you set the AD domain incorrectly why not just start over from scratch?

Renaming an AD domain with Exchange 2003 is a very complcated task...

ag28com -> RE: Uninstalling/Re-installing Exchange (24.Apr.2005 11:16:00 AM)

Thanks Henrik

Sorry, I did forget to say that I was goin to be running DCPROMO to remove AD, before changing the domain name when re-installing AD to get round this problem. My main concern is that every last trace of Exchange is removed, befor later re-installing it. I presume it is best to run the uninstall from the CD setup routine?

Henrik Walther -> RE: Uninstalling/Re-installing Exchange (24.Apr.2005 5:12:00 PM)

Ok and yes but also be sure to checkout:

How to completely remove a Exchange server or the entire Exchange organization:
http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Remove-Exchange-server-entire-Exchange-organization.html

Page: [1]