Final Stages of Exchange Install (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation

ag28com -> Final Stages of Exchange Install (28.Apr.2005 7:53:00 AM)

I am in the final stages of getting my Exchange up and running, and now need to get mail sent to Exchange server. I can't seem to find any information on this final stage, but understand that I need to open up oorts 25 & 80 through my firewall and also get MX & A records setup at my ISP. Can someone pleas advise on this or point me in the direction of some good documentation. I am changing over from externally hosted POP3 accounts.

mark@mvps.org -> RE: Final Stages of Exchange Install (28.Apr.2005 8:56:00 AM)

Make sure you have a recipient policy that matches your Internet domain (properdomain.co.uk etc) and make sure the ISP don't screw up the A and MX records. Make sure that the address used is either the Router/firewall and that NAT is working properly or that the address is driven through the firewall to the exchange server.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=285136 is a good link on Recipient Policies.

brimo -> RE: Final Stages of Exchange Install (4.May2005 3:00:00 AM)

May consider using your internal DNS server put the mx record there and Outlook Express on an internal system to test functionality first. also there is a great article here on using a SMTP relay on an ISA server for security against spammers and open SMTPs. Its a real heck of a time getting off a black list.

Page: [1]