• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

How to create missing OMA and active-sync virtual directories: Solution

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> How to create missing OMA and active-sync virtual directories: Solution Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to create missing OMA and active-sync virtual direc... - 30.May2005 12:10:00 PM   
great

After weeks of research why OMA and active-sync are not working i discover the obvious. Both virtual directories were missing from IIS. It seems that a lot of people have the same problem and after the installation of exchange2k3 these virtual directories are not there thus OMA and active-sync is not working. I couldn't find any descent and easy to do article on how to recreate them except re-installing the exchange. Another issue was the the application pool was not correctly registered after you manually add the directories and you had to add it manually but IIS will not let you do it cause the path "c:\program files" contains spaces and other things that i discover to be a drawback to many users. So here is the easiest solution.

Find ANY exchange 2003 sp1 installation which has correctly from the begining the OMA and active-sync virtual directories.

Right-click on the OMA directory=>all tasks=>save configuration to a file. Do the same thing for the active-sync directory. Copy the two .xml files to your problematic exchange and go to your IIS=>default web site=>rightclick=>new=>virtual directory (from file)=> select the first .xml and then do the same thing with the second .xml

If your exchange install directory is different than the source which you exported the .xmls then you can edit the .xml file and change the inside path to your own. BANG! active-sync works instantly! Even the missing application DLL is solved with this way.

I don't know if this whole procedure was something old but i was so excited to finally solve this and i wanted to share the knowledge.

Please post if this has worked for you
Post #: 1
RE: How to create missing OMA and active-sync virtual d... - 15.Feb.2011 9:14:31 PM   
bherde

This is not the way to re-create the virtual directories.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883380

is the right way.

(in reply to great)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> How to create missing OMA and active-sync virtual directories: Solution Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter