• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Setup Help

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Setup Help Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Setup Help - 2.Jun.2005 8:06:00 AM   
Toxic

I need to know how to setup on exchange everyone to send out on one email address but to use seperate email addresses internally. I have a email address at a ISP that I also want the server to download and send out every hour, all the users can read the email and send emails but on the internal email accounts each user is seperate.

Any suggestions ideas help or what ever comes to mind.
Post #: 1
RE: Setup Help - 3.Jun.2005 3:04:00 AM   
mark@mvps.org

You can't simply use a single "presenting" address to the Internet.
Why do you want to?
At the very least you can use a catch-all POP3 account at the ISP and then spend E50 on a POP3 Connector (POPCON is a good one) to collect all the mail from the ISP and distribute it to all internal users.
Need to know why you only want to have one presenting email address...

(in reply to Toxic)
Post #: 2
RE: Setup Help - 10.Jun.2005 3:42:00 AM   
Toxic

Thanks Mark, I can get exchange to collect the mail from the ISP and then put into the relevant mailboxes. Now when I type a mail to go out say to you, you do not get it, but it does go somewhere ?
The second thing is that I can not get exchange to dial out but its self I have to click on the pop3 box and say retrieve mail now.

One email for all means less abuse and expense. So a email for info and a email for accounts, I say who the mail goes to internally, but when the mail leaves the company it gets sent with either info@ or accounts@. So basically no personal email for staff.

(in reply to Toxic)
Post #: 3
RE: Setup Help - 10.Jun.2005 3:43:00 AM   
Toxic

Thanks Mark, I can get exchange to collect the mail from the ISP and then put into the relevant mailboxes. Now when I type a mail to go out say to you, you do not get it, but it does go somewhere ?
The second thing is that I can not get exchange to dial out by its self I have to click on the pop3 box and say retrieve mail now ISDN dialup).

One email for all means less abuse and expense. So a email for info and a email for accounts, I say who the mail goes to internally, but when the mail leaves the company it gets sent with either info@ or accounts@. So basically no personal email for staff.

(in reply to Toxic)
Post #: 4
RE: Setup Help - 10.Jun.2005 3:43:00 AM   
Toxic

The second thing is that I can not get exchange to dial out by its self I have to click on the pop3 box and say retrieve mail now(ISDN dialup).

(in reply to Toxic)
Post #: 5
RE: Setup Help - 30.Jun.2005 6:45:00 AM   
Toxic

So no answer or is it the further down the list you are no one seems to read

(in reply to Toxic)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Setup Help Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages