• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Want to test Exchange while still using external POP host

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Want to test Exchange while still using external POP host Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Want to test Exchange while still using external POP host - 16.Jun.2005 9:29:00 AM   
projectpete

Hello,

We currently have our email hosted by a third party and we use outlook to connect to the pop account. I wanted to test an exchange server here while the rest of the company continued to use the pop email hosted by the third party.

If I put the MX key that is associated with out domain name in the exchange server and publish it to the net and use test email addresses will it conflict with the third party email servers? I will use unique email addresses.

[ June 16, 2005, 12:52 PM: Message edited by: projectpete ]
Post #: 1
RE: Want to test Exchange while still using external PO... - 25.Jun.2005 3:55:00 PM   
rytmehans

Hi,

Yes that would conflict. Mails would go to either your current hosting company or to your server. Mails destined for the mailboxes located on the server would be delivered all other mails would be returned unless you configure exchange to forward all unresolved emails to the hosting company - see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;319759.

I would not recommend your test!

(in reply to projectpete)
Post #: 2
RE: Want to test Exchange while still using external PO... - 27.Jun.2005 4:26:00 PM   
projectpete

thanks for the reply. I am testing using the xx@xx.local emails until they switch.

The link to the microsoft article is no longer there, what was the article about?

Post #: 3
RE: Want to test Exchange while still using external PO... - 30.Jun.2005 3:45:00 PM   
Mathiau

i would suggest just register a new domain, pay the $9 monthyl fee and use a new domain to test with.

Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Want to test Exchange while still using external POP host Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter