• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Exchange 2003 installation in a different site

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Exchange 2003 installation in a different site Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exchange 2003 installation in a different site - 4.Jul.2005 4:14:00 AM   
yaminiw

Hi,

No. of forest - 1
No. of domain - 1
No of sites - 8

Initially the domain had exchange 5.5 environment, the company later decided to upgrade. Now, there are 6 sites having 5.5 and also co-existance with Exchange 2003 ( the 5.5 exchange will be removed later from those sites)

Problem:

the company acquired a new place in different geographical area. there was no exchange server in that site. we decided to install a new Exchange 2003 server in the site, but every time we did that, during installation the setup was asking for the name of the 5.5 server and the admin group where it should be placed.

the setup does not show the screen shot(installation type) where it asks if we want to create a new organization or join it to the existing one.

we do not have a 5.5 server in this new site, but we want to install 2003 exchange.

Please advise or suggest the possible ways or solution for this.

Expecting a response at the earliest

Thanks
"[Confused]"
Post #: 1
RE: Exchange 2003 installation in a different site - 4.Jul.2005 7:10:00 AM   
pjhutch

>the company acquired a new place in different geographical area. there was no exchange server in that site. we decided to install a new Exchange 2003 server in the site, but every time we did that, during installation the setup was asking for the name of the 5.5 server and the admin group where it should be placed.

>the setup does not show the screen shot(installation type) where it asks if we want to create a new organization or join it to the existing one.

IF you have one forest, one domain, then it can only support one Exchange organisation. you can only join the existing Exchange organisation anyway so the choice is rather pointless. Yes, you will be asked to join to a specific Admin Group (if you have one or more), not sure about the 5.5 server name bit though (unless you are setting up another ADC).

(in reply to yaminiw)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Exchange 2003 installation in a different site Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter