• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

RE: Issue that has been bothering me for a while

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> General >> RE: Issue that has been bothering me for a while Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Issue that has been bothering me for a while - 22.Oct.2004 8:32:00 PM   
TechDaddy

Off topic here, but Alex... I'm a bit concerned in your port listing:

1 HTTP 80 80 192.168.0.4
2 IMAP 143 143 192.168.0.4
3 SMTP 25 25 192.168.0.4
4 Bittorrent 6881 6999 192.168.0.15

What are you doing on your Exchange server needing the Bittorrent ports open? Please don't say that stuff is installed on that server???!?!
[Confused]

(in reply to Alex T.)
Post #: 21
RE: Issue that has been bothering me for a while - 23.Oct.2004 2:45:00 AM   
Alex T.

Oh i fixed things lmao, 6 months later gets a response. Anyways, I have learned alot since then, I basically didn't install shite properly. Anyways, Bittorrent ports are fowarded to my workstation and not the server. I need the ports for it anyways, but its not going through to the server. I was maybe thinking of using port triggering on my router for my bittorrent client, which is Azureus.

(in reply to Alex T.)
Post #: 22
RE: Issue that has been bothering me for a while - 7.Nov.2004 7:41:00 AM   
Kaitlyn

So what was the solution to the problem? We're getting the "Waiting for the Exchange Server" pop up in Outlook as well...

Thanks,

Katie

(in reply to Alex T.)
Post #: 23
RE: Issue that has been bothering me for a while - 7.Nov.2004 4:43:00 PM   
great

this is a common problem that appeared with office xp and later. I don't think that this is a network problem unless of course you are getting this message every 5 minutes. three times a day is a normal behaviour. From microsoft Outlook connection dialog
quote:
Although the Cancel Request dialog box was intended to improve the user experience by providing server information when Outlook stopped responding, many users interpret this message as an error message and contact their help desk for more information, instead of understanding that the Cancel Request dialog box occurs as an ordinary part of Outlook and Exchange interoperation. On the fastest network with the best hardware and the best architecture, sometimes an RPC takes more than 5 seconds to obtain a response.
the article contains some tricks that you can reduce even more the dialog. i always disable the cached mode cause it has other problems as well and i can live with the message and teach your users that this is not an error. you can even disable the pop-up if you dont want it.

(in reply to Alex T.)
Post #: 24
RE: Issue that has been bothering me for a while - 11.Nov.2004 10:12:00 PM   
I was also having this problem. Very frequently I would get the message "Outlook has restored the connection to the Exchange Server", or it would say that I had lost the connection. When I would also click the Send/Recieve button, it would try and try for more than 5 minutes sometimes before it would lose the connection to the Exchange server or hang. I think that I have fixed my issue. I tried to disable cached mode with no success. After disabling cached mode, I deleted my exchange profile (on XP Control Panel --> Mail -->Show Profiles and removed my exchange profile.) When I opened Outlook back up, it asked me to recreate my profile, this time, I unchecked "use cache mode" so that this would be disabled. Once I did this and finished out the profile, I have not seen any more connection loss popup errors. And now Send/Recieve takes one to two seconds to complete.

I am not a registered user for this forum, but I hope this helps. Good Luck.

(in reply to Alex T.)
  Post #: 25

Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> General >> RE: Issue that has been bothering me for a while Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter