• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Contact Name for Cryptic Address

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> General >> Contact Name for Cryptic Address Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Contact Name for Cryptic Address - 30.Mar.2004 3:31:00 PM   
dennish

How do I get the name of a contact to appear in the FROM field from an incoming email from that contact's email address?

I have a situation where emails come in from a group of users (two-way pagers) and there email comes in as 12134567890@xyz.com and I want the contact's name associated with that account to appear in the incoming email so users do not have to translate the address to a name manually.

Dennis
Post #: 1
RE: Contact Name for Cryptic Address - 30.Mar.2004 7:28:00 PM   
Velocat

Hi dennish,

Create new "Contacts" for the pagers using the email address "12134567890@xyz.com". Then enter in the person's name in the Display Name field for easier translation within the GAL.

Good Luck.

(in reply to dennish)
Post #: 2
RE: Contact Name for Cryptic Address - 30.Mar.2004 11:02:00 PM   
dennish

I tried this and it does not seem to work. I know I had this working in Exch2k but after we migrated to Exch2003 this approach does not seem to work.

(in reply to dennish)
Post #: 3
RE: Contact Name for Cryptic Address - 30.Mar.2004 11:12:00 PM   
koggen

Check the settings for the SMTP Virtual Server. Exchange 2003 introduced a new settings which prevents resolving of GAL names for un-authenticated email. See the help section for the "Resolve anonymous e-mail" setting under SMTP Virtual Server->Properties->Access->Authentication. Sounds like that would solve your problem.

// Johan

(in reply to dennish)
Post #: 4
RE: Contact Name for Cryptic Address - 31.Mar.2004 12:32:00 AM   
dennish

Thanks Johan, that did it. I wish they would publish some of these changes from Exch2000. I missed this setting completely.

Dennis

(in reply to dennish)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> General >> Contact Name for Cryptic Address Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter