• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

HowTo: Use ExchangeActiveSync and SSL on PocketPC

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> General >> HowTo: Use ExchangeActiveSync and SSL on PocketPC Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
HowTo: Use ExchangeActiveSync and SSL on PocketPC - 27.May2004 5:30:00 PM   
frachlitz

If have configured this and gotten it to work "[Wink]"

(This i not a gude, its a help)

A. INSTALL CA AND CONFIGURE SSL CERTIFICATE

1. Installed CA with the internal servername aka "server-00" AND checked the box where i could specify a folder where the certificates where stored.

2. IIS, Default Website. Deletet the old certificate (remember to make a backup :-)). new certificate -> request online -> ok.

3. On a client machine, i have browesed to the folder on the server where i specified the folder in 1. and added that certificate as a trustet root (dubble-click the file).

""

B. INSTALL CERTIFICATE ON POCKETPC

1. Download and install: AddRootCert.exe
After install on your pc, manualy copy the Addrootcert.exe (one of the files installed on your PC) to the PocketPC.

2. Copy the certificate as used in A.3 to the device. Run the Addrootcert.exe and open the certificate. Click OK, and its done!

3. Test the certificate by verifieng that you do not get an security error when browsing to a SSL enabled part of your web (ex. https://server.com/exchange)

4. In activeSync specify Server, Use SSL and User/password. You can also specify a mobile scedule.

Sync and done! :-)

Also thanks to Henrik for the hints!

[ May 27, 2004, 05:32 PM: Message edited by: Frachlitz ]
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> General >> HowTo: Use ExchangeActiveSync and SSL on PocketPC Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter