Offline access to messages??? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> General

jgarzoli -> Offline access to messages??? (27.May2004 7:20:00 PM)

Hi,

We are getting ready to implement our first Exchange server in-house (2003). My boss asked me if its possible for some users to be able to access old messages without connecting to the server. Basically, can they be stored on their local hard drive, as well as the server? This came up because some users currently will reply to a bunch of e-mails while they are in an area without a connection, like a plane, or train, and when they plug in at a hotel or home, they just send them all out. This works okay now because their pst's are stored on their hard drives. But how would this work in an Exchange environment?

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy

Randy Temple -> RE: Offline access to messages??? (27.May2004 7:37:00 PM)

You wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi,

We are getting ready to implement our first Exchange server in-house (2003). My boss asked me if its possible for some users to be able to access old messages without connecting to the server. Basically, can they be stored on their local hard drive, as well as the server? This came up because some users currently will reply to a bunch of e-mails while they are in an area without a connection, like a plane, or train, and when they plug in at a hotel or home, they just send them all out. This works okay now because their pst's are stored on their hard drives. But how would this work in an Exchange environment?

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy

Yes you can if you setup your clients to use excahnge in cach mode this will work correctly you can also set them up to work offline where they pick thier connnection state.

Page: [1]