• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Offline access to messages???

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> General >> Offline access to messages??? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Offline access to messages??? - 27.May2004 7:20:00 PM   
jgarzoli

Hi,

We are getting ready to implement our first Exchange server in-house (2003). My boss asked me if its possible for some users to be able to access old messages without connecting to the server. Basically, can they be stored on their local hard drive, as well as the server? This came up because some users currently will reply to a bunch of e-mails while they are in an area without a connection, like a plane, or train, and when they plug in at a hotel or home, they just send them all out. This works okay now because their pst's are stored on their hard drives. But how would this work in an Exchange environment?

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy
Post #: 1
RE: Offline access to messages??? - 27.May2004 7:37:00 PM   
Randy Temple

You wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi,

We are getting ready to implement our first Exchange server in-house (2003). My boss asked me if its possible for some users to be able to access old messages without connecting to the server. Basically, can they be stored on their local hard drive, as well as the server? This came up because some users currently will reply to a bunch of e-mails while they are in an area without a connection, like a plane, or train, and when they plug in at a hotel or home, they just send them all out. This works okay now because their pst's are stored on their hard drives. But how would this work in an Exchange environment?

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy

Yes you can if you setup your clients to use excahnge in cach mode this will work correctly you can also set them up to work offline where they pick thier connnection state.

(in reply to jgarzoli)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> General >> Offline access to messages??? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter