• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

RE: unable to send the email to outside people

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> General >> RE: unable to send the email to outside people Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: unable to send the email to outside people - 15.Jul.2004 5:03:00 PM   
snap355

I was getting an error similar to what you guys are experiencing. I have Exchange 2003 and it wouldn't route anything to the outside world. It had nothing to do with my ISP. I did take note that I was using Small Business Server 2003 with Exchange 2003. To fix the problem, I have to use that continue setup icon and reconfigure Exchange for Outgoing mail. For whatever reason, my connectors would route and somehow I had a pop connector which I don't use. So all in all, reconfigure Exchange through that icon and resetup your IIS exchange folder with security.

(in reply to cyberking)
Post #: 21
RE: unable to send the email to outside people - 16.Jul.2004 4:43:00 AM   
kidego

therock3333,

Use only internal DNS on the TCP/IP stack of the Exchange server. Let your DNS server handle the forwarding. the SMTP VS has to allow all connections, if it's facing the internet. If not, and you locked it down, then you have to at least allow the IP address of the exchange server to access the SMTP, or it won't be able to send outbound. Let me know how it's configured.

(in reply to cyberking)
Post #: 22
RE: unable to send the email to outside people - 20.Jul.2004 3:31:00 AM   
catelo5

Could it possibly have anything to do with licensing?? [Confused]

(in reply to cyberking)
Post #: 23
RE: unable to send the email to outside people - 20.Jul.2004 8:07:00 PM   
ChrisWhite85

I dont think so personally... i mean we have licenses to spare. [Frown]

Very very strange problem... and it is a routing problem with mails not reaching the outside world and Exchange just times out when it cant count the next hop (0ms reply).

God its got to be worth MS looking at it now a few people have the same error. [Frown]

(in reply to cyberking)
Post #: 24
RE: unable to send the email to outside people - 14.Nov.2005 7:04:20 PM   
crazytrainws6

hey all, newbie here with my first post.  im also having a problem sending email.  i could receive emails from the outside with no problem, but sending is no dice.  although if someone sends me an email from the outside, i am able to reply to it.  problem only happens to me when trying to send a new piece of mail.  is anybody else thats having a problem sending mail able to reply to one sent to you?  the only thing i could think of for my problem is DNS settings.

(in reply to ChrisWhite85)
Post #: 25

Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> General >> RE: unable to send the email to outside people Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter