unable to send the email to outside people (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> General

cyberking -> unable to send the email to outside people (7.Jul.2004 9:23:00 AM)

dear all
I am unable to send the emails to outsider like Abc@ibm.com, xyz@ge.com
but I am able send to Internal all user . what wrong with my mail server

mark@mvps.org -> RE: unable to send the email to outside people (7.Jul.2004 9:48:00 AM)

Has your mail server got the address of a DNS server that it can lookup these external names?
It doesn't have to be an external DNS server so long as your internal DNS server has a "Foarwarder" listed to handle the queries of the Exchange server.

ChrisWhite85 -> RE: unable to send the email to outside people (7.Jul.2004 11:32:00 AM)

I am also suffering from an outbound mail problem, only after turning on lots of logging i am starting my treck to find the source of the problem.

In my case i get this statement in the event log: SMTP GetNextHop returned

I have been on this for nearly 2 months now and getting rarther tired of going into the Exchange system manager.

Just unable to solve this problem, we forward mail to a smart host though but all DNS works fine and can resolve e-mails easily via DNS & Forwarders.

Clueless... but i advise you turn on a few logs by going into Virtual Server & SMTP Connector and turning them on.

Regards,

Chris.

cyberking -> RE: unable to send the email to outside people (8.Jul.2004 5:59:00 AM)

Thanks for reply I am getting following messages

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.

Delivery to the following recipients has been delayed.

imteyazahmad@hotmail.com

Edmond620 -> RE: unable to send the email to outside people (8.Jul.2004 11:28:00 AM)

I am having a similar situation here. A user using Outlook Express to send messages can only send to internal users in our Exchange organisation. Message to external users got bounced back with an error :

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by
the server. Server Response: '553 Requested action not taken: mailbox name
not allowed or chunk too large'. (Account: 'User', SMTP Server:
'smtp.mydomain.com', Error Number: 0x800ccc79).

Another similar case is when I tried to configure Outlook to try to send email using SMTP. A different error returned as follow :

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

'user@mydomain.com' on 7/8/2004 5:12 PM
No transport provider was available for delivery to this recipient.

Searching through internet doesn't yield much help. Anybody has idea on how to fix this?
Many thx.

kidego -> RE: unable to send the email to outside people (8.Jul.2004 3:36:00 PM)

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290808

This may help...

Edmond620 -> RE: unable to send the email to outside people (9.Jul.2004 2:47:00 AM)

Thx for the tip. But after trying the problem still remains. I've tried using google.com to search for anything related to error 553 and the keywords in the error message. Unfortunately I'm still clueless of what went wrong.

ChrisWhite85 -> RE: unable to send the email to outside people (9.Jul.2004 2:59:00 AM)

Have you tried looking for 5.5.3?

Each of those numbers relates to the state of the particular service. The numbers have different meanings like "host disconnected" for example. [Smile]

I too cant send mail out full stop from Exchange... i just cant solve it.

I get this SMTP GetNextHop Error that comes back with a 0ms Warning. [Frown]

setiqueue -> RE: unable to send the email to outside people (9.Jul.2004 4:12:00 PM)

quote:
Originally posted by cyberking:
dear all
I am unable to send the emails to outsider like Abc@ibm.com, xyz@ge.com
but I am able send to Internal all user . what wrong with my mail server

Is your port 25 being filtered/blocked by your isp?

A quick check to confirm/deny this would be to do the following:
telnet mail.bellsouth.com 25

You can insert any ISP SMTP host above, just be sure its not your own ISP as there mail server wouldn't be filtered.

cyberking -> RE: unable to send the email to outside people (12.Jul.2004 4:32:00 AM)

I did telnet for both yours and my ISP and I got following reply.

220 aismtp3g.bellsouth.com (IntraStore TurboSendmail) ESMTP Service ready

220 IMSS2.brunet.bn IMSS2 ready at Mon, 12 Jul 2004 10:35:46 +0800
is it ok or I need to do something.
Plz Reply ASAP
Have a great day

ChrisWhite85 -> RE: unable to send the email to outside people (12.Jul.2004 2:13:00 PM)

220 confirmations are what i am getting also, and can successfully telnet mail. But i think i have something wrong routing wise as a short while after restarting the server sending mail quits again. I then get errors (after turning on Exchange logging) saying GetNextHop returned in 0ms, so its being blocked by a service. Yet i can still telnet mail... Weird! [Confused]

I am sure mine is a service issue, thats starting shortly after reboot halting all outgoing mail.

Hmmm [Frown]

ChrisWhite85 -> RE: unable to send the email to outside people (12.Jul.2004 5:25:00 PM)

I found by restarting the "ISS Admin" service allowed a few e-mails to go out... but that does restart the Exchange Routing Service too. I am sure its a bit of both IIS and Exch. Routing. [Frown]

stevieh50 -> RE: unable to send the email to outside people (13.Jul.2004 2:01:00 PM)

I currently have exactly the same problem. Started yesterday, mail is stuck in the SMTP queue saying the remote server did not respond to a connection attempt. All Telnet tests have passed OK, very weird, I suspect a DNS problem but all seems to be OK.

EDIT

Mine is definatley a DNS problem. Have entered an external DNS server for the SMTP virtual server and emails are now sending.

[ July 13, 2004, 02:28 PM: Message edited by: stevieh50 ]

valeno -> RE: unable to send the email to outside people (13.Jul.2004 2:29:00 PM)

Hi all

Had the same problem in E2k 2000, Change my Network cards and set Speed and duplex on cards and switch to 100 full and it work after that. Check for any errors on the cards.

ChrisWhite85 -> RE: unable to send the email to outside people (13.Jul.2004 5:48:00 PM)

Its weird as each time i restart the server any mails in the queue prior to restart get sent. Strange.

Have already entered DNS Server addresses for external DNS servers.

How are you getting on cyberking?

therock_3333 -> RE: unable to send the email to outside people (14.Jul.2004 1:10:00 AM)

Hello everyone

I am wondering if anyone found any resolution for this as i just launched our exchange 2003 server and i am getting the same thing, i can send internally no problem, i can recieve mail from the internet, but i cannot send to the internet, i get that 'the remote server did not respond to a connection attempt error' its making me crazy

any info would be very very greatly appreciated
scott

ChrisWhite85 -> RE: unable to send the email to outside people (14.Jul.2004 2:18:00 PM)

Another one joins the growing list of people with outbound mail problems?

Preying for Exchange SP2 [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

kidego -> RE: unable to send the email to outside people (14.Jul.2004 4:15:00 PM)

Trust me, this isn't about Exchange or SP2, this is about the SMTP VS and the DNS. Are you using an SMTP connector, or just the SMTP VS in Exchange?

therock_3333 -> RE: unable to send the email to outside people (14.Jul.2004 5:58:00 PM)

hi

just the default smtp virtual server, i tried with an smtp connector but it didnt seem to do anything, when i run the wizard it shows no errors.

i havent entered any dns servers into the vs, just the ones on the server itself, and i am able to resolve dns no problem on the server with nslookup, pings etc, i ran dnsdiag and it showed me this error which is the only dns one i can find:

recieved dns response
error:9002
description not available

but i have no idea where to find what a 9002 error is?

thanks [Embarrassed] )
scott

catelo5 -> RE: unable to send the email to outside people (15.Jul.2004 12:13:00 AM)

I have been fighting with this issue for about 2 1/2 weeks now. Only difference is that I cannot receive or send. We were using a smart host for a long time, then suddenly it stopped working. We have bellsouth as our ISP. I have also tried using dns, but still no luck. I have even gone so far as to change the hosting, but nothing.

Also, I tried to telnet on port 25 to several smtp servers.. if I try to smtp bellsouth, I get a 220 message. All other servers I am getting a connect failed message.

I am extremely frustrated by this, and so is my client. Please help..

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>