Exchange 2003 with NT4 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> General

rheadrick -> Exchange 2003 with NT4 (23.Aug.2004 8:38:00 PM)

I have a question for anyone who has an answer.

I have two domains, one is a 2K3 domain with Exchange, and the other is an NT domain with all of the user accounts.

Do you know of a way I can use Outlook to connect my NT4 domain users to the 2K3 domain that hosts the Exchange box? If you do, I would really appreciate any directions you can provide.

I know I could use the Internet Mail client in Outlook to connect to it, but this won't allow me to utilize the features of Exchange.

Henrik Walther -> RE: Exchange 2003 with NT4 (23.Aug.2004 10:03:00 PM)

An Exchange 2003 mailbox requires an account in the Active Directory, so you would need to create an AD user account for each mailbox, meaning you would need to run with duplicate accounts.

When you have created an AD user account and mailbox, just create an Outlook profile and specify the respective AD user account when logging on to the mailbox.

This could be quite messy if you have several thousand accounts, in that case I would simply migrate the NT4 users to the AD using ADMT or similar.

rheadrick -> RE: Exchange 2003 with NT4 (23.Aug.2004 11:01:00 PM)

Thanks for the reply. I figured I would need to create new AD users for everyone. Not a big deal since there are only about 15 of us.

One more question, I am not sure where in Outlook I designate what username, domain and password to use to log into the mailbox. Could you maybe let me know if you know?

Again, I really appreciate your help.

Page: [1]