X.400 Email address not created (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> General

FishyBC -> X.400 Email address not created (24.Sep.2004 8:47:00 PM)

I created email addresses for all of my users. One SMTP and one X.400 was created for each user except for one person. I attempted to create an X.400 address for him manually and I get the following error.

---------------------------
Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension
ADMD (administrative management domain) is a required field for the X.400 address. In the ADMD (a) box, type a domain name for the X.400 site.

ID no: c10312ea

Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension

OK

It wants a value for the ADMD field but none of the others have one.

What do I need to put in there to be able to add this email address ?

Thanks in advance
Pat

rytmehans -> RE: X.400 Email address not created (24.Sep.2004 10:14:00 PM)

Hi,

All you need is a space in the AMDM field.

Why do you create the addresses manually??

Recipient policies and recipient update service is meant to do this job automatically!

FishyBC -> RE: X.400 Email address not created (28.Sep.2004 9:30:00 PM)

What happens if it doesn't create it automatically ? When I create a mailbox for an existing user, there are no email boxes under the EMAIL ADDRESSES tab in the Properties for the user?

For all new users I create, there is an SMTP and an x.400 address. All other existing users had them as well. Just this one user.

Help !

Guest -> RE: X.400 Email address not created (14.Oct.2004 9:23:00 PM)

In that field hit the space bar and it'll go right through

rburney -> RE: X.400 Email address not created (8.Dec.2005 6:59:40 PM)

FishyBC I am having the same problem with my SBS 2003 server not automatically creating the email address. Have you found out why this might be happening? I checked in my Recipient policies and there are addresses in there but it is not doing it. Also I have notice that since this problem came about, when I create a new user and it is at the "configuring group membership settings" part it pauses there for a good while. Not sure if it is related but to me it might be. Everything else on the server is running good but I just hope this is not early signs of big problems.

RB

Page: [1]