• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Yahoo Mail & Message Headers Setup

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> General >> Yahoo Mail & Message Headers Setup Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Yahoo Mail & Message Headers Setup - 9.Jan.2005 2:30:00 PM   
brashquido

Hi All,

Many users of my site use free online webmail accounts, and the ones using Yahoo are complaining that notification e-mails are only showing up in their bulk mail folder.

I created a yahoo account for myself and sent a test e-mail. Sure enough, the mail appeared in the bulk email folder rather than the inbox. Upon further testing I found that e-mails sent to my Yahoo account from my Hotmail account and my webmail account from my ISP both get sent directly to the inbox rather than the bulk e-mail folder.

After examining the message headers from my Exchange 2003 server compared to that of my hotmail account and my ISP's webmail account I noticed that they had three "Received" feilds where as the e-mails sent from my server only had one.

The first "Received" feilds from all three servers contain the ELHO information. The 2nd "Received" field from my ISP's webmail and from Hotmail both seem to contain information regarding the server which sent the e-mail, and the 3rd "Received" field contains information about thecomputer that I sent the e-mail from.

As these are the ONLY 2 fields that are different from my e-mails, I expect it is the absense of these in my e-mails that is causing them to be sent to the bulk folder in Yahoo mail. My question is how do I specifiy/configure these addtional "Received" fields in Exchange Server 2003?

Any help much appreciated. Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Yahoo Mail & Message Headers Setup - 15.Jan.2005 2:31:00 AM   
brashquido

Hi all,

Just wanted to update this by saying that I was able to fix the issue by just using smarthost to my ISP's mail server. Looks as if Yahoo and the like will automatically treat mail sent from a dynamic IP address as junk mail.

(in reply to brashquido)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> General >> Yahoo Mail & Message Headers Setup Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter