You do not have the permission to send the message on behalf of the specified user (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> General

I'm Stuck -> You do not have the permission to send the message on behalf of the specified user (23.May2005 8:23:00 AM)

Since the migration to Exchange 2003 I'm not able to have multiple e-mails accounts sending e-mail from one generic login, for example if I have a user login called Guest and Guest has permission to open Guest1 and Guest2 e-mails accounts, this works but when I try to send an e-mail from say Guest1 I receive the error message "You do not have the permission to send the message on behalf of the specified user" even though I have given Guest full access to Guest1 or Guest2 e-mail.

If I do the same thing for accounts that where created in Exchange 5.5 I have no problems, it is only accounts that have been created in Exchange 2003.

If anyone knows this problem and can tell me how to fix it I will by them a nice cold beer :-)

unsworthcl -> RE: You do not have the permission to send the message on behalf of the specified user (23.May2005 8:29:00 AM)

You may have to add user to have permission to send of behalf.

This is done in active directory under the user you are trying to send mail from.

Under properties select Exchange General - Delivery Options - Send on behalf - Add

I'm Stuck -> RE: You do not have the permission to send the message on behalf of the specified user (23.May2005 9:31:00 AM)

It is a little different to how it works and looks in Exchange 5.5 but it is a fix.......many thanks.

Page: [1]